[OBSOLETE] Xioami Zigbee Door/Window Sensor, Motion Sensor, & Smart Button Device Type

That and the fact they are tiny! Top bit of kit for the money! Okay, no temp sensor but that’s no issue when you can get a motion sensor, and a temp sensor and it costs you less than half the ST equivalent (if you can find stock).

1 Like

Yes True.
I don’t think the temp sensor from xiaomi works yet correct? I was thinking of ordering, but holding on as I see there is no device type at the moment.

It works, just no DTH that provides a battery level.

Instructions here:

3 Likes

oh great. I will order one now :).
I have placed 4 different orders on different days over a 10 day window with gearbest till now for the xiaomi sensors. I received 1 item from the third order, but the rest are still in transit… :persevere:.

Anyone know how to replace the battery in the motion sensor? I can’t find where this thing opens.
Don’t need to replace now, but just checking.

At the bottom you will see it is grey.
Unscrew it and it comes off.
That’s where the battery sits.
Uses the same battery as the ST ones.
I now have spare batteries as I have replaced my ST sensors that keep failing with Xiaomi ones.

Shouldn’t you be covered if you pay by paypal?

For those using the temp sensors how do you find the reporting? Mine are very inconsistent & go 5+ hours without reporting.

My temperature sensors seems to report at every 0.5 Celsius changes. If there’s no change in temperature the reporting may be at larger intervals like 5+ hours. I’m actually pretty satisfied with them, because they seem very accurate, both temperature and humidity (Comparing them to my Nest thermostat)

1 Like

Could you give me some help with pairing. I have a cube and motion sensor paired but nothing happens. Cube doesn’t respond and motion sensor doesn’t pick up on motion for some reason. Wanted to get these figured out before I paired the rest.

Thank you very much! Now my buttons are perfectly connected. But… there is somebody who trys that? https://www.aliexpress.com/store/product/2016-New-Arrivel-Xiaomi-Aqara-Smart-Light-Control-ZiGBee-Wireless-Key-and-Wall-Switch-Via-Smarphone/1941616_32749731083.html?spm=2114.12010608.0.0.ALb9ES

There’s a thread for those, but no DTH yet:

1 Like

Hi Rave i am trying to add this sensor to veraplus could you give me a link to generic Temperature Device Handler. ive added device just need to write device json to read trmp and humidity the generic device handler would make job a bit quicker. Thankyou

some advice when buying internationaly
paywith paypal and use credit card to pay paypal

this will give you 2 companies who in uk are legally bound to make sure your item arrives and is good condition.
so you can charge back when items dont arrive.
in uk if they dont have signiture then item is not delivered.
i had two companies who refused refund i got it back from paypal. also paypal offer 3 free returns worldwide max £15

It is built into ST. Just assign the DHT directly in the device page

So it’s not possible to view the file?

I don’t have a ST.

I think you should be able to find it by searching this repository: https://github.com/SmartThingsCommunity/SmartThingsPublic

1 Like

to help search github does anyone know the exact name of the file?

Can you confirm what you are looking for?

Are you looking for the SmartThings DTH for the Xiaomi Temp Sensor?

yes the generic temperature handler that rave assigned to the xiaomi temp/humid sensor