[OBSOLETE] Xioami Zigbee Door/Window Sensor, Motion Sensor, & Smart Button Device Type

Not sure if anyone has done this yet. Just had another failed delivery, this time tracking via royal mail said the two temperature sensors were delivered in Lewisham. I live in a completely different part of the country!! Putting in another claim for failed delivery :frowning:
Doomed to not being able to play with a temperature/humidity sensorā€¦

Iā€™ll update that one tonight as well

1 Like

LOLā€¦ You need me to send you one of mines? :slight_smile:

What are he chances of reality pushing my luck and asking you to do it for the Orvibo contact sensors :slight_smile:

If you donā€™t askā€¦

Where are you ordering these from with the file deliveries?

Hi @a4refillpad
I have forked to your github and put in gthe following for the settings.
Owner = a4refillpad
Name = temp
Branch = master
It then shows up in italic green.
I believe the explanation for italic green is the the code exists in the ide but not in any repo.
Iā€™m totally confused.
Can anyone else update the code from the github repository?
Thanks.

Hi Guys, I see multiple versions of the device handlers on the thread. Can someone point me to the current working version? I am looking for motion sensor, button and door contact.

All 3 can be found here:

4 Likes

Apologies, until recently we never had any github integration in the UK and I did not know how to format the directory structure for Smartthings. The button is correct, the rest will need to be copied in manually until I correct them. When I do then the links in this thread will break tooā€¦
I also think itā€™s time I start a new thread with my DH in the OP so that people can find the handlers rather than searching up and down the (very) big thread now. Once I make the latest updates to the handlers I will create some new posts with links to the discussion here for people to find out how to connect the devices.

4 Likes

Thanks very much. I have now added the device handlers to my api and waiting for the sensors. Hopefully will be with me by end of month.

@bobbles I tried to add Wayneā€™s repository a couple of weeks ago. It just wouldnā€™t word and for whatever reason I had the same experience as you. I got fed up with the fact the GitHub was causing extended load times for Devices and SmartApps and got rid of it.

There is an issue with where the code has been placed in github.
@a4refillpad is aware, see note above.

I must admit I didnā€™t realise it was github causing the slow loading times of the pages.
I will leave mine though as I would rather see when code has been updated instead of tracking lots of threads to monitor code updates.

Anyone know if there are any experimental device types for xiaomi gateway?

Gateway itself is not a Zigbee device, so you canā€™t use a device handler. However, you can communicate with the gateway using udp, so youā€™ll need a smart app instead

Hi Rave, Thanks for the info. So its unusable directly from smartthings then. It would have made a great indoor siren.

Thank you for sharing this. It took some doing to get the device to pair, however once it did I have had no issues. The heartbeat is nice. Maybe helps the device stay connected past the 2 hour mark?

Any way to change the timezone on the last update text?

Iā€™m using this, but copy&paste.

How do I add the github repo?

My new github location for Xiaomi device handlers.

I have removed the ones in temp which will unfortunately break some links in previous posts.

1 Like

Already done, will publish tonight. In fact, I am aiming to modify all the device sensors that I use to have the same look and feel.

1 Like

Awesome, thanks very much.

1 Like