[OBSOLETE] Xioami Zigbee Door/Window Sensor, Motion Sensor, & Smart Button Device Type

I believe on you so i close this topic

I have a weird issue with the temp/humidity sensor. The catchall didnā€™t quite look right as it showed 0000 for the id. The sensor is sending the temperature and humidity to the log. I put it in the freezer to be sure it wasnā€™t from something else I have paired and didnā€™t realize was sending that info. Is there a way to get the correct Id from the data sent. Everything Iā€™ve tried doesnā€™t work. Thanks for any help.

Edit: I got it. Luckily a raw data event got sent with the zigbee and network idā€™s.

thanks a lot. It really worksā€¦

RA

1 Like

Hi my devices just arriveā€¦

I connect Temperature Sensor on Xiaomi Hub

I got this information from Xiaomi App on Android app

I believe the ID: 158d00010fc280

I removed Temperature Sensor from Xiaomi Hub

I added on IDE

But I can see temperature and Hunmidity

You can always use these instructions to get the temp sensor working:

2 Likes

Hi @brumster, Thank you for this instructions, I tried this too yesterday, I cant see nothing on IDE :(.

I will try again this night.

about step 4 - Using the IDE look at the logs, not the live logging but the hub log (select hub, then select events)

Could confirm this instructions

My Hubs > List Events > Wanting for informationā€¦

Yep, thatā€™s correct.

Iā€™d almost given up myself on getting this working but stick with it, it will work.

Add a Thing
Press and hold the button until you get three flashes
Keep doing that until you get 2 LED flashes for every consecutive button press
Then look in the hub log (not live logging) for the a catchall event at about the same time as you held the temp sensor button until you got 3 flashes.

Then you can create the device via the ID using the hex value you hopefully find.

good luck

1 Like

Need some help. I paired my motion sensor by using the catchall and adding the device manually. Whatever I try I canā€™t get the battery level to start reporting.

I tried pairing it directly and nothing showed up.

i didnā€™t have to do the manual catchall for the motion. Just reset, press furiously and repeat.

Ok what exactly is the reset process? Can you please list the steps? Thanks.

Hold the button until you get 3 flashes

Just tried it and although its resetting, its not showing up in add things. Also furious pressing killed one of my motion sensors :sweat:

Very strange I did 10 in a row pretty easily.
You just hold the pin in it blinks a few times when it stops blinking, hold it down again. Keep on going with this process until a thing shows.
One you have the device handler itā€™ll appear as the motion sensor instead of a thing. If after an hour temperature doesnā€™t appear then it hasnā€™t paired properly and will drop.

My technique seems to be once it appears paired to do a few short clicks right after. Seems to then do something to the device to stop it from dropping.

Iā€™ll give it a go on another one (I have 10 of these).

Tried about 20 times. Still no go. Also usually how long does battery take to start showing updates?

EDIT: I added 3 sensors using the IDE and one of them has started to report battery. The other 2 havenā€™t dropped off yet, will wait and see.

EDIT 2: The dead sensor is still dead

Just got my Xiaomi door/window, motion, and temp sensors in today. Got the door/windows and the motion paired up, but Iā€™m not seeing a DH for the temp sensor. Does anyone have one to share? I found a link to one on GH from this thread but it results in a 404 error (not found).

I donā€™t seem to be able to do any configuration on the motion sensor or the door/windows sensors. The ā€œconfigureā€ button is there, but doesnā€™t do anything when pressed. Is this normal?

I set it up with the default temp sensor DH when adding through IDE. However itā€™s not showing anything close to the right temp. I can assure you my fridge is not 78* inside :sweat_smile:

Hey,
I am trying to setup my Xiaomi door/window sensor. Where did you get the door/window code? All I am getting is 404.

Look up 18 days ago for a post by @Rave

are the batteries on the motion sensor changeable?

Thanks. Got the file but the sensor status always stays ā€œOPENā€. I can see the blue led flashing once everytime the magnet gets close/away to/from the sensor.
What could be wrong?