[OBSOLETE] Xioami Zigbee Door/Window Sensor, Motion Sensor, & Smart Button Device Type

I have 10 motions incoming… getting worried now.

I received one motion and one contact sensor yesterday. Got both paired using the reset and press button repeatedly method. The motion stayed connected overnight, the contact did not. Also never got battery to report for the contact. Reset it this morning and open/close is showing again but still no battery.

I have 10 door/window sensors working fine. One for about a week. The other 9 were a separate purchase. They’ve been working for about 3 days.

1 Like

The thing is… temp and humidity should stay connected because they’re sending data very frequently

1 Like

For me, the device is sending battery but for some reason, ST never store that information. You can verify this by checking live log. It took several days for the battery state to persist

Is the placeholder/tile for battery showing?.

My outlets arrived today, will test and report in the xiaomi outlet topic.

yeah, it just shows –

1 Like

Strange thing is my button has stayed working for 4 days now and that one sends data very infrequently!

Ok. I had 3 device handlers that had the same name somehow. It took me a while to straighten them out. That’s why I asked.

So you do have something that’s working well. I wonder why some will reset itself. Maybe they’re too far from ST hub and zigbee mesh doesn’t work?

still not getting battery updates for any of my door or motion sensors and they’ve dropped again… :cry:
The refresh does not result in any response from the device in the event logs. It’s almost as if the devices do not acknowledge the pairing, hence it appearing to drop off and changing dni.
I’m going to try frantically clicking reset pin until it thinks it’s paired? LOL getting desperate!

Maybe there’s a timing element to a successful pairing?

Perhaps someone who has it working could video themselves pairing a sensor?

Maybe the original way of pairing using the xiaomi hub might help? No idea cause I haven’t received any of my motion sensors yet.

Does anybody have the door/window sensor working without battery reporting? i’m guessing the battery reporting keeps the communication to the hub alive. Without it the device drops off until you re-add it and then have to rinse-repeat unless you get battery reporting working.

I didn’t write the battery reporting device handler until like a week after i used the sensor. And as i said again, battery should be reported in the live logging but not in the device event log initially

Yep mine work without battery reporting. The battery reporting DH doesn’t work for me the ST app gives me a fault of I use it.

Aha! Seems my frantic clicking of the reset pin has paid off and some of my devices I’ve tried it on are staying connected for a few hours together with battery updates. Seems pretty hit or miss right now, so I’ll need to experiment more to see if I can nail some kind of sequence of events to get it from dropping to stable.

Lol, that’s an interesting way to connect them, but for the price we get them for I am not gonna complain. Just patiently waiting to receive them.

Hi all, got my Xiaomi sensors :slight_smile:
The contact sensor connected with no problem (pushing the pinhole a couple of times).

But what about the temperature sensor? It has a button on its side. I have pushed it as crazy, holding it (resetting) but with no luck.

How do I pair the temperature sensor to ST?