[OBSOLETE] Xioami Zigbee Door/Window Sensor, Motion Sensor, & Smart Button Device Type

Can I pairing Motion Sensor and Door/Window Sensor?

If we could get even the battery meter working it would be perfect

And i just got the Zigbee Plug working :slight_smile: Right now, it is just On and Off. Hope to get more information like power usage. Still new to device handler.

1 Like

I uses Xiaomi hub and it doesn’t show battery meter in the interface for all the zigbee devices. I wonder if that is not built into the device. After all, they’re so cheap

@Rave,
I managed to pair the door sensor with ST hub. I can see Zigbee Id 00158D0000FC20C9
Device Network Id 75F1. The sensor seems stay connected but I coudn’t see Current States , it always so No states found. Appreciate your help. Cheers

If the sensor does not work, you can delete the device and add it manually.

Put ST on pairing mode, then long push the pin on the sensor. Then check the hub’s event. You should get a catchall log. In there, you should be able to find a 4 digit code, which is the network Id.

Then add a new device manually and put in the device and network id. It will work.

I used this method to re-add device that has issue with the sensor

1 Like

For the zigbee plug, did you use a custom device handler?
I do like these plugs, although they’re not repeaters. They’re small, elegant and very cheap.

Oh, i didn’t know the plug wasn’t a repeater.

Yes. The Zigbee outlet device handler does not work. Zigbee.command doesn’t work and it throws error everytime. I’ll share it soon.

Right now, on and off works. Turning on the plug physically will update ST. Turning off does not. So i implemented a refresh command which seems to work okay. What’s left is getting the power consumption.

This is SO nice!! I am ording some right now!! Thank you so much!!!

1 Like

Hi Rave, does this mean that the Xiaomi plug could also be use as a Zigbee mesh repeater?

Thank you very much for all your work.

According to your photo, the button has the NXP JN5169 wireless microcontroller. This chip has a built in temperature sensor and supply monitor. See more here:

That doesn’t mean of course that Xiaomi implemented it in their code, or made it available over Zigbee. But it gives us some hope!

Please be aware that the plug and temp sensor probably won’t pair automatically. You’ll have to find out its Zigbee device id in order to add it manually. The way i do it Is to pair it with a xiaomi gateway and find out its id from an Android phone.

That’s good news!

Is there anyway to get this to pair without the Xiaomi hub (getting the id) ?

I tried to pair it with ST for at least 20 minutes without success. I’m not sure if there’s another way to get the device id.

Thanks Rave. I have an Android phone. If I order the Xiaomi gateway I should be able the get the ID out and then pair it with Smartthings?

1 Like

That’s right. You’ll need the Mi Home app. Enable developer mode in the Mi App and you will get the Id. Let me get a screenshot. To tell you the truth, I ran both Xiaomi hub and ST at home and i still can’t decide which one to settled on. Xiaomi UI is great and snappy but less integration and customization. ST has great integration but UI and speed performs bad for me.

3 Likes

Thats really awesome info Rave. I will order the gateway right away :slight_smile:

@Rave, which one? I am confused:

Original Xiaomi Upgrade Smart Home WiFi Remote Control Multi-functional Gateway

Or
Original Xiaomi Mi Smart WiFi Remote Control Multi-functional Gateway

I think they’re the same. Just double check with the seller and see if they’re the same as the one in the link below.
http://www.mi.com/wangguan/