Xiaomi devices on sale (buttons/sensors/cubes)

I just did a simple pairing with sensor 6-8ft away from the hub and then install the sensor 20-40 ft away. The battery level showed up hours later. Only one of the 5 devices got disconnected before showing battery level and need repairing. All work fine otherwise. I did not use any special trick to pair them. I only change the device name during pairing. I did not enter any ID or anything. It has been more than a week and I experienced no issue so far.

But thereā€™s no device in my list that corresponds to it so I canā€™t use it in automation.

I tried deleting the device handler and I still get the same event - no catchall.

You will see press events on the hub event log when you press and the device is not paired. It is normal and in that sense you should ignore Pbrain comment - it does not mean that the device is paired.

To pair you need to use the tiny reset hole at the back of the switch using a paper clip.

Thank you for your help. It works!

Does anyone know if these motion sensors are pet immune? They say human detection. I have a small 12lb dog

They are on sale.

Our cat triggers it occasionally

These sensor pick up on slight change in temperature so it will pick up anything that gives off its own temperature (people and pets). Thatā€™s why is says body sensor not motion sensor. I have a few on the ground and if I am wearing my super thick boots it sometimes doesnā€™t register me. And also there is no adjusting the sensitivity just and FYI.

Thereā€™s a flash sale on Human Detectors, Door/Window contact sensors and the single buttons. I think the Human Detectors are around Ā£8 and the other two less than Ā£6. Delivery is the usual long winded process but you could even lob in the 3-5 days service with the savings.

Iā€™ve just ordered a Human detector, two contacts and two buttons for less than a single ST branded motion sensorā€¦

1 Like

Iā€™d take Gearbestā€™s flash sales with a pinch of salt. Gearbest prices, in general, fluctuate more frequently than Amazonā€™s!

Flash sale prices arenā€™t necessarily any cheaper than fluctuating low prices. I tend to monitor my ā€˜favouriteā€™ (Xiamoi) item prices every day or twoā€¦Flash Sale prices donā€™t appear to be anything to get excited aboutā€¦generally.

2 Likes

I just took the dive and order 1 human sensor and 2 contact sensors. Hereā€™s praying it all goes smooth when they get here.

1 Like

For the Xiaomi sensors, GB has the best prices around (ā€œflashā€ and non-flash sales) when factoring in price, shipping (speed and price), and order reliability, in my experiences anyway. They regularly drop the contact sensors below $7 USD, and paying the $3 tracked shipping and $1 insurance hasnā€™t let me down in 2 small and 1 very large orders. Received all 3 orders in under 14 days.

Zapals and Ali prices are always $2-3 USD higher per item, plus more for worse (untracked) shipping options.

1 Like

Agreed - I also check out the other China big players and apart from the odd temporary variation - Gearbestā€™s prices are competitive.
I have bought a lot of Xiaomi stuff from Gearbest, shipped from China. Iā€™m expecting my 5th order to be delivered today. I have had zero problems. Iā€™m in the UK.

1 Like

I finally received my order from Feb. 22 today. I didnā€™t add insurance and had pretty much given up on it.

Any tips on how to pair the humidity sensors? Iā€™ve got the Human Body Sensors (ha!) paired.

Thanks.

1 Like

Thereā€™s a Xiaomi humidity sensor DTH in the following thread:

3 Likes

should I be worried when my Smart Human Sensor doesnā€™t detect me?!

1 Like

I suppose that depends on if it is a (Smart Human) Detector or if it is a Smart (Human Detector). :smile:

Iā€™ve got 5 of them installed right now. I love these. They are pretty fast, and the battery life is very good (so far).

On the other hand, I have not been able to get my temp/humidity detectors added.

Original Xiaomi Smart Human Body Sensor on sale once againā€¦

1 Like

Iā€™m so hesitant on buying these again. Most of my Xiaomi devices, especially the Smart Human Body Sensors, would decide to stay on my network for random lengths of time. One time, they may last for a few weeks, then another time, just a few hours. The three Smart Human Body Sensors I had eventually got lost or taken so I need to replace them but Iā€™m debating if I want the hassle again. Anyone have other recommendations for motion sensors that are bit more reliable yet wonā€™t break the bank?

$7.00 - X-10 sensors

you will need one of these in your house
https://www.ebay.com/itm/CM19A-X10-USB-PC-Transceiver-Home-Automation/152113425301
and you can use my controller with it