WyzeCam interesting

I just chose ignore firmware update :grimacing:

2 Likes

This. Don’t have to update… yet.

Haven’t been prompted to update yet, and don’t plan on updating when prompted if I can avoid it.

2 Likes

Would be nice to see this integrated with smartthings if you can @RBoy

6 Likes

LOOKS LIKE IT IS HAPPENING!!!

Especially since @prjct92eh2 found this from an official Wyze AMA a while ago (at 22:47 if the link doesn’t jump to the right spot)…

9 Likes

6 Likes

Not sure if they are looking into their Cams integration or the new Wristband for presence. Hope for the former.

2 Likes

Geez it’s ugly

2 Likes

I just got the notification for the next Wyze iOS beta app. It says “- Added support for Wyze Cam Outdoor”!

3 Likes
1 Like

Good luck trying to buy the thing. Constant 500 errors.

I am so torn…

Between the three of us, we have ended up with a mix of all kinds of incompatible cameras, and we like all of them to some extent. We do have a couple of Wyze cameras which one of my housemates originally got to keep an eye on his cat, and they are really nice inexpensive devices, particularly the pan and tilt model. (At least if you’re trying to check on a cat.)

But, man, the new announced features for HomeKit cameras for iOS 14 are soooooo nice. :heart_eyes: Local zone management and person recognition, no subscriptions except iCloud and a good deal on the storage there if you choose to use it. Obviously HomeKit integration.

The integration between ring and echo is really nice, and we use that a lot, but it doesn’t have person recognition and the security sucks. Which we don’t care about for the front door, but we would for cameras anywhere else around the house.

One of my housemates wants to not get any more cameras unless they have the HomeKit features, any other wants to immediately go out and load up on a bunch of the cheap other brands, including Wyze.

I get the deciding vote For the common areas because it’s my house, but I just don’t know. Too much “coming soon” stuff in the IOT ecosphere right now. :thinking:

1 Like

I’m having a similar internal debate. Not so much involving HomeKit, since my iPad is too old for the new Homekit features. But I want something for the other side of our driveway and we currently use ring doorbell for one side and have Alexa devices everywhere. And I feel the odds of the ring cameras working with SmartThings in the future is better than the Wyze cameras.

2 Likes

Same… Since wyze announced that they’re working on a ST integration, there’s been no update in 2.5 months. But I am keeping my fingers crossed.

1 Like

Was able to get one, will see how it is. Currently have 7x V2 units, 4x of which are outside. Curious to see how much better these would be

1 Like

Bummed that they aren’t shipping the outdoor camera until August. They should reword the email that says “its finally here”. I’ve been on the fence … ditch arlo go all wyze, ditch wyze, ditch arlo and wyze and go POE :frowning: Also have been playing with HomeAssistant since mycomcast internet has become less reliable the last few weeks … all these cloud systems don’t work so well without internet…

I wish we could just ditch Concast, but that’s a whole other story. I’ve been strongly considering POE myself. With the Ring v2, 5 wyze, and 4 netvue cameras spread inside and outside, I’m just over cloud based.

I question the longevity of the integrated batteries. Not between charges, but how long they’ll survive. I have a hard time buying anything I can’t physically change the battery to.

I have POE cams now and they’re great, but I’m getting a little tired of maintaining my own Blue Iris server. Cloud simplicity is appealing.

1 Like
1 Like