WyzeCam interesting

RTSP has been released for the WizeCam.

Otherwise the DaFang hack or OpenIPC are out there, but I think OpenIPC is dead. DaFang hack is working nicely with more and more features. And I believe you can use it with the Generic Camera DH.
https://github.com/pstuart/smartthings-ps/blob/master/devicetypes/generic_camera.groovy

1 Like

Yes, Iā€™m aware that RTSP is available. . Just mentioned that it needs to be flashed to even begin to be usable outside of the Wyze environment. Good to know that it cam be used with the existing Generic DH. Your link is broken, but other than that, Thanks! Time to flash another camera :slight_smile:

1 Like

Sorry for coming in on the tail end of this. Can you expand on this? To get Wyze into ST the camera needs to be flashed? Is there a link or simple google search suffices? From there I imagine after installing this DH it would be able to be added to ST?

[GSzabados] above has provided a link ā€œWyzeCam Interestingā€. Youtube has several tutorials to flash RTSP protocol to Wize Cam. Device handler for ST is another story. The one I have found doesnā€™t work as is in the new app.

1 Like

you also give up most of the new capabilities Wyze has by flashing to their RTSP firmware

3 Likes

True. The camera doesnā€™t have enough hardware resources to have both capabilities. Other than cloud storage, I donā€™t think I would miss much personally, and that is easily solved with a Micro SD card.

Sorry, I havenā€™t checked the link. Here is the topic.

I believe for the Wyze Cam v2 you just need and SD card to deploy this, but I havenā€™t got a Wyze Cam, but a Xiaomi. It worked well for me.

1 Like

thanks! Yea, I found the the HD and SmartApps. Tried it with one of my Dlinks I have laying around. No luck with code as is, in the new ST app and V2 Hub. Iā€™ll hold off flashing one of my Wyze cams until I can find a DH and SmartApp that works.

Yes, I know how to deploy the RTSP ROM and how to go back to stock. My issue now is what to do with it after. I havenā€™t found a way to integrate it into the new ST app. Iā€™m not much of a coder.

There is no way yet to integrate cameras into the new ST app. Only the Smartthingā€™s developed DHs are working with cameras.
FYI, the RTSP ROM and the DaFang Hack are not the same. DaFang hack givea you full control over the camera with SSH, RTSP, FTP, email, Image Capture, MQTT, etcā€¦

2 Likes
1 Like

RUT ROH --> Wyze Massive Data Leak

https://ipvm.com/reports/wyze-leak

Yeah no, thereā€™s nothing ā€œverifiedā€ about this.

Update: The data leak has been verified by Wyze

1 Like

Well, that explains why Wyze lost that technologyā€¦

1 Like

Yep. I really like using that feature, and it will suck when the new firmware rolls out and takes that away. Announcement from Wyze said mid-January, so should be any day now.

Like 2 hours agoā€¦

1 Like

Mine are still sending person detection notifications as of this morning. Theyā€™re likely rolling out the new firmware in batches.