WYZE CAM considering SmartThings integration

I believe that IFTTT generally does not write integrations - the vendors do.

Wyze integrates with IFTTT because it has many more users (and an easier API and partnership process) than SmartThings.

1 Like

Exactly. Wyze wrote the “Wyze IFTTT Service”. IFTTT did not write it. It is up to Wyze to decide if they want to integrate with other services. They have already integrated with the Amazon Alexa platform, and are working on Google Home as well. These are some of the largest players in the market, and it allows Wyze a maximum market penetration with a minimum amount of integrations to support.

2 Likes

Thanks for the clarification, now I understand. In this case I’m pretty sure Wyze will be adopt as well the Smartthings users, at one point in time. Come one there are just a few large communities, Amazon Alexa, Google Assistant, Smartthings, and Apple Home, IFTTT

so im trying to use a motion with wyze (ifttt) to trigger a webhooks in smart things to turn on a light… its not working… but should… nothing too complicated… anyone else tried this and got it working?

The easiest way I can think of is Wyze-to-IFTTT-to-SmartThings virtual switch. If you use a DTH for the virtual switch that also implements the motion capability, and automatically turns off, you’d be all set.

2 Likes

Really? Most Smartthings users are in GB? Pretty much most of the home automation channels on Youtube use Smartthings, and I haven’t seen very many British people. Smartthings is very dominant in the U.S.

I didn’t say that most SmartThings customers are in the UK… Not at all. How did you get that from my comment??

About 15% UK at most, 5% Canada, and 5% to 10% rest of the world… So 70% to 80% USA.

1 Like

any chance they have stopped considering this and actually implemented or soon to implement this feature?

:joy:

Wait a couple more years.

2 Likes

yeah I know it’s wishful thinking lol.

1 Like

over 100 devices currently waiting for smartthings before adding wyze cams.

1 Like

I would like to see ST and Wyze integration with the wyze bulbs, door sensors , motion sensors , and cameras. Thanks

2 Likes

I’d be interested as well.

2 Likes

+1 for Wyze integration.

2 Likes

if we are still voting, i’m in for wyze integration to ST !!!

1 Like

It’s already in the works!

3 Likes

cool…

good to know that i carry that kind of weight, wyze…

just kidding. looks like it’s been going on for a while

how’s progress look?

a

1 Like

Vote +1

Intergrate or terminate.

1 Like

Any updates on this happening soon?

1 Like

Haven’t seen anything since that update.