Working Speakers (44 Devices Confirmed , 29 waiting Confirmation) last addition: Klipsch Stadium, Help Us to increase the list

I often get questioned about why I got HEOS versus Sonos. I don’t know anyone else who has HEOS. Why did you get HEOS vs Sonos? My reasoning…

1 - Spotify Connect (logical)
2 - Everyone gets Sonos (not logical)

I’ve never used Sonos, but the HEOS work perfectly ever time.

Well, there’s a lot of reasons why I choosed the heos. And maybe some of the reasons ain’t a problem any more, but since I’ve started with heos I will continue with it.

*heos did support a larger archive of songs than sonos do/did.
*heos did/do support more filetypes/formats then sonos.
*heos had/has more options than sonos ready for it: Spotify connect, tidal, etc…
*heos had/has more inlets/inputs/outlets/outputs than sonos, subwoofer, Bluetooth, dlan, etc.
*heos also communicates directly on your WiFi, both on 2.4 GHz and 5ghz ac band, and does not create their own weird and closed network, but operating on regular open standards (for the most), rather than the sonos which you need a hub of some sort for their own weird network.

The last point is a real deal breaker for me, as I hate when things operate like that, that’s probably also why I hate everything that starts with “I” from Apple.
When I buy a item/thing it’s mine, and I want to control it myself. The thing about systems like sonos is that it’s usually worthless as soon as the vendor don’t support it anymore/go out of business/etc. However if you buy the system with a lot of open standards build into it, the chances are they last longer and will se more support.
Heos is comparable with a standard Bluetooth/WiFi speaker but with extended capabilities like multiroom, etc.
Also did I mention that it’s actually made by denon, which isn’t exactly unused to the hifi scene, they have a lot more experience than sonos.

I had my heos from release, and actually as I hoped, they have polished it for every update, but in the start they were amplifiers that didn’t always work in multiroom, but have been good with the updates.
Which I kinda expected since it was they first serious attempt into the multiroom market.
There are now newer versions (hardware) on the market than what I have, which I’ll guess is working smoothly.

But again, I don’t know if any of these points I made have been changed in favor of the sonos, haven’t bother checking since I’ll already have a multiroom system…

Has anyone got Sony H.ear go(SRS-HG1) working?

Its a bluetooth/Wifi/DLNA speaker.

I have the Sabrent wifi audio receiver listed above. It works, but I don’t recommend it. It’s very poorly constructed and any aux cable used with it (i’ve tried several) delivers a noticeable ground loop buzz into the speaker. If your approach is to get a wifi dlna audio receiver and plug it into an aux port of a speaker, don’t get this one. Opt instead for a higher quality device.

@darkenney, Tanks for your information, I´m going to add it to the list.

This is my first post, i have no idea how to confirm that this “X-SMC3-S Music Tap - Pioneer” one works with the DLNA player…hope this makes post makes it to the point.

Hi, I would like to send speak notification around my house. For that I have Android tablets. I have tried a couple of UPNP apps on the tablets but they all suffer from delay.
E.g when a door opens, in CoRE I am using Speak to a Android tablet, but it takes 4-5 seconds before the Android tablet will sound.

Is there anyway I could speed that process up?

Best regards

HI @SLKDK, Yes, remove or decresse the delay in the code, how much ? it depends of your soft MR.

1 Like

Thank you @ule I will try it :slight_smile:

I got 2 Sony network/DLNA/Bluetooth/Google cast speaker

Sony SRS-HG1 h.ear go Speaker wireless speaker.

I contact Sony support and they said its not media renderer. What are my other solution?

I was wondering if anyone else have these speakers.

what other options i have?

Hi @vicjagsingh, If you have an old Android phone, you can link the speaker and use a MR software in the phone, works great,

I have a Sony SRS-HG1 h.ear. What are you looking to do? Just play music? Something SmartThings related?

@darkenney
Voice alert.

Play music when a routine trigger.

The problem I’ve had with this speaker is that I can’t get it to play anything that doesn’t reside in a DLNA Media Server - specifically, an audio clip with an http uri or an internet TTS engine. I’ve tried Control Points from the SmartThings Media Renderer recommendation, port forwarding, and contacting Sony support. No luck. (I’m not saying that it can’t be done; it probably can. I’m just not able to figure it out.

I do have the PLEX DLNA server on an old iOS device that’s always plugged in at the house. I can use SmartThings to play tracks that are in PLEX for triggers. No voice alerts though. Sony seems to update the firmware and the SongPal app monthly, which may bring improvements down the road.

All in all, this speaker has come up short for me.

Hi, generally all speakers support http request, It´s posible your speaker do not reach the web, could you verify your lan settings, maybe the primary and secondary dns are wrong or the gateway is not config, this can happen if you set the lan manually…

Hi, After switching the speaker to use the home network, it gets all settings via dhcp from the router - the same as other devices on the network, which do have internet access. So, I’m feeling that the dns is correct.

I did try port forwarding at the router, which didn’t work. I also started up an apache web server on a local Mac and put some .mp3 files out there - a pretty easy http request. The speaker wouldn’t play those either.

If ST Hub can find it , then the SRS-HG1 its a media Renderer, some MR are limited, but sony speakers are very good (DLNA integration), if you could get the description file , it could help. Let me change the Generic MR code to allow a better log description and find if the speaker could work. I have seen some Software MR crash with the song description.

I’m willing to test… Just tell me what to do

Hey ule, thanks! Works great with my Heos-system (have Heos 7, Heos 5 and Heos 1 up and running in SmartThings thanks to you). Your instructions on Github were easy to follow, kudos!

HI @wasseng, Great News, if you like this app try to denote to continue the development, thanks