Working Speakers (44 Devices Confirmed , 29 waiting Confirmation) last addition: Klipsch Stadium, Help Us to increase the list

This post is to update the speakers list working in smartthings system , almost any DLNA Media Renderer speaker or adapter must work. Help to update the list

Working List

Hardware Device…Reported by …Comments

Panasonic Viera VT30…@pd_
Squeezebox Boom…@pd_
Panasonic Viera ST50…@dEEE
WDTV…@dEEE
Onkyo TX-NR626…@smorty71
Sabrent Wifi Audio Receiver@vishwanth … Audio cuts off on end 1-2 sec, hardware problem. @ darkenney reports bad audio quality
Rockie play@rog
WiFi Music Audio Streaming Box.@soonill
RB Pi Media Renderer@loz
AwoX StriimLIGHT | Sl-w10…@ obycode
Lario HD Airplay DLNA…@ pizzinini… Cheap, Overheat, to drill some holes in the case help to avoid overheat
Veetop® HiFi AirMusic Box…@ pizzinini
Neet WiFi Wireless Music Receiver…@ ma10… Same as Veetop HiFi AirMusic
Least Airplay Dlna Qplay Airmusic…@ thinkikan … Same as Veetop HiFi AirMusic
Sony SA-NS300…@ relenger
D-Link Wi-Fi Audio Extender and Repeater @ NinjaBread…Users report sleep hang up problems
Raspberry Pi 2 with OSMC …@ Aboxman
Raspberry Pi 2 with Volumio …@ fightingmajor
Samsung Shape M7…@ vernondraper
HEOS 7, HEOS 1,3,5,Link … @ Manana546,@ whoismoses … must update MediaRenderer Connect
BRAVIA KDL-42W829B…@ deano12
Muzo Cobblestone…@ Patrick_Callahan
Pioneer A4…@ wehooper4
Pioneer A1…@ wehooper4
Yamaha VX-675…@ Kristopher
Sony STR-DN1040, STR-DN1050 …@ RudiP, @ vicjagsingh
Grace Digital Wi-Fi Music Player …@ RudiP
Jongo T6X…@ BristolBaz
Jongo S3…@ BristolBaz
Pioneer Elite VSX-51…@ Dwritter
Pioneer VSX-45…@ Bobby_Dean
LG LAS 751…@ havoc
LG NP8340 flowing sound H3 …@ havoc
LG NP8540 flowing sound H5 …@ havoc
HEOS Drive… @ Linvale
Pinell supersound II…@ nimrooz
Klipsch Stadium…@ nimrooz

Software Device…Reported by

Android UPnPlay App…@chuckc81, @scyber
Kodi…@chuckc81,@nelemansc
Kodi Android (Galaxy S3)…@dEEE
XBMC…@chuckc81
Private Dancer…@ ule… Works fine for old android v2.1 and up, better just for messages
UPnP Monkey…@ ule … Works great android v 4.0 and up, for messages and music
BubbleUPnP …@ Mclovin50

Media Renderer Devices needs confirmation

Jongo A2
Sony SRS-X9
PHORUS PS1
Panasonic SC-NE1
Fidelio SoundAvia
Samsung DA-E670
WeShare 30 pin
Roku SoundBridge
Philips Streamium MCi500H
D-Link DSM-510
Boston Acoustics MC200 Air
Hame Dreamsound
Netgear WiFi Range Extender WN3500RP
Harman Kardon Aura
Fidelio A5 wireless Hi-Fi speaker
Aperion Wireless Speakers Aris
FREYA - Small Wireless Speaker (Wi-Fi)
X-SMC3-S Music Tap - Pioneer
JBL L16 Three-Way Speaker System
Onkyo TX-NR709 ( select NET input and then selecting the DLNA mode)
Panasonic TV Viera S60 Series
Samsung TV Series D550 , Series 6 (F6300) and Series 5 (F5410)
LG TV Series LW5600
Blue-Ray Somy BDP-S790
Blue-Ray Samsung BDP-E5900,BD-C6900
Blue-Ray Panasonic DMP-BD210
cocktailAudio-X12
Bose Sountouch 20
Ireceiver
m](http://www.klipsch.com/products/klipsch-stadium)
Smartthings Software RELEASE Generic Media Renderer (DLNA Speakers). Cheap Sonos Alternative (Update V2)

14 Likes

Hey! This is awesome! Thanks so much for creating this!

Panasonic Viera ST50
WDTV
Kodi app on Android (Galaxy S3)

these all worked as XBMC renderers

1 Like

thanks for helping to build this list

There is a wifi dlna adapter with 30 pin iphone-ipod connector, I think you can convert any ipod-iphone 30 pin speaker in DLNA speaker to work with SmartThings, I think the difference between this adaper and sabranet wifi could be the volume control , its possible this adapter could change internaly the speaker volume and not just the audio source volume, someone could confirm this adapter ? thanks WeSahre Music

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/810AX0dWSlL.SL1500.jpg

Rocki has been reported is working with Generic media renderer

Kodi was working fine on win 7, but it is not detected on OPENelec.

Hapurs wifi audio stream box works.

1 Like

Harpus WiFi Music Audio Streaming Box has been reported is working with Generic media renderer

D-Link Wi-Fi Audio Extender and Repeater DCH-M225 looks a great product, its airplay and dlna, works with Generic MediaRenderer , reported by @NinjaBread
In amazon 43.78

Picked up two Sonos Play 3 speakers last night before I saw this. I already have a Sony 30pin dock speaker that sounds pretty decent, so I went ahead and ordered one of these WeShare adapters to test out. I’ll report back. Hopefully if all goes well, I’ll return the Sonos Play 3s.

1 Like

HI @Phil_AbiNajm, Great news, we like you share yor experience, Sonos is a great system, and it has more features than just to work with SmartThings, if you goal is to play messages in ST, then WeSare or any other DLNA speaker is the best.

Lario HD Airplay DLNA 30 pin adapter.

Convert your old dock speaker in DLNA and Airplay

It has DLNA and would works with Generic Media Renderer

Now $14.99 in amazon

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/31Jd4JikIFL.jpg

LOL, I actually canceled my order for the WeShare the other day (bad reviews) when I saw this one… The Lario is on it’s way, so I’ll follow up once I get a chance to tinker with it.

1 Like

Samsung Shape M7 support DLNA, it should works with Generic DLNA

Boston Acoustics MC200 Air, it should works with Generic DLNA

Just received my Pioneer A1, off ebay and will test connecting soon.

Has anyone successfully linked up with the Pioneer A1?
Any tips to share?

1 Like

Hi @officerduck, great news, have you installed custom smart apps in you SmartThings system?

I suggest you to read the first post of the Generic Media Renderer, it has many important information about how works DLNA and how to play music working with SmartThings. RELEASE Generic Media Renderer (DLNA Speakers). Cheap Sonos Alternative (Update V2)

If you have questions after read the post, send us your questions to speed up your installation.

thanks for share your experiences

I got my Rasberry Pi B+ working as a DLNA renderer. You can then connect that to any other audio speaker (external speaker, A/V receiver via HDMI/3.5mm). It’s a really stable option. The only issue is that the built in 3.5mm output jack on the RPi is not very good - I don’t think it’s filtered, so it causes buzzing/humming. Easily remedied by using a USB to 3.5mm adapter, or sending Audio out over HDMI. Here’s a link to the tutorial I followed. It takes about an hour to configure the software from scratch. I’ve tested it a lot and it’s very stable even with reboots etc. This also made my wife happy as I didn’t need to spend money on ‘another device’! I originally bought my RPi to act as my home automation hub but the software (HomeSeer) was powerful, but too techy/clunky, so a year or so later I ended up with ST. Anyway…

The link below takes you to a different post/page on the same website listed in the first post of this thread for the RPi. This link is for setting up the RPi just as a DLNA renderer and this is all you need for it to connect to ST as a ‘speaker’

1 Like

Hame Dreamsound Wifi Hifi Speaker, supports Airplay, DLNA

http://ecx.images-amazon.com/images/I/61NZefOtTsL.SL1000.jpg

Hi @Phil_AbiNajm, Could you share your experience with the Lario Device? thanks