WOOX R7060 Irrigation Valve - anyone using?

Just picked up a WOOX R7060 irrigation valve

Claims to be a generic zigbee device and I think it’s ultimately based on the tuya platform. I tried picking it up in a scan hopeful that it would be identified as a thing and could be operated using the generic valve type but no joy … anyone had any luck with these?

You tried the scan nearby option after resetting the valve? It may require that you press the on button to join, or press and hold it until leds start blinking.

If it is, then look here as well. The Lidl Valve is a Tuya device as well. (And follow the pairing instructions as mentioned above.)

1 Like

Thanks to those that offered their input.

Actually it turns out that the issue is probably to do with the way scanning in the iphone app reports its results. Despite saying it couldn’t find any new devices to pair with it does indeed pair the device with the hub and add it as a ‘thing’. Once I changed the device type to be a zigbee valve in the dev console the device worked as advertised.

2 Likes

Very cool. I could use one of those here in the U.S. to replace a very old Iris timer water valve that’s seen better days. I wonder if they would ship to the states, or find a source that will?

EDIT, found a few. I may need a gift for myself this holiday season.

1 Like

Hi i’m trying to add this my self but when i search nothing shows up.
Did you do anything else then press the red button so it’s in search mode?

I did get one and it joined ST just fine, although I can’t remember the exact way it joined. I believe I had to scan for nearby devices and it may have joined as a Thing and then I went into the IDE and changed the Type to Zigbee Valve. It’s been too long for me to remember, sorry!

Check for a new Room in the mobile app called Unassigned Room, or something like that. If it joined your hub as a Thing, it could have ended up there.

Where could you find the id?

Oops, that should have said IDE to make changes, sorry @KerekesErvin . Its here:

ide.smartthings.com

Where did you find these? Did you happen to find a US seller?

Nothing in the US. I got mine from eBay from a German seller. I needed an adapter to connect it to the house, but not for the quick connect for the hose.

FYI, that valve is turning out to be a nice little device. It’s true that I had to get creative with a couple pipe to hose adapters and an EU to US thread adapter, but I like it so far:

2 Likes

I am checking this site and I has found nothing. :frowning:
Could you specify more accurate the link?

Hi @KerekesErvin , do you mean the link to the IDE? If so, http://ide.smartthings.com/ should work. It will take you to the SmartThings Groovy IDE site where you can modify the DTH Type the valve joined as.

I bought one of these. It immediatly connected to my Aeotec Hub and is visible just fine in the App & Online IDE as a generic “Thing” with no functionality. I changed it to “Zigbee Valve” in the IDE device type pulldown. But I can’t do much with it. Tapping on the device icon in the app shows a striped through cloud icon for battery, valve an power source. Is there more I have to do to get this to work?

Battery should eventually report the actual %, Power source should say battery, and Valve should give you the ability to Open/Close.

If that’s not working you may need to delete the device via the app and rejoin. If you’re a bit too far away from the hub (or a zigbee repeater in your mesh) or if there’s interference in your Zigbee mesh, that could also be the reason why it’s not working.

Strange. I deleted it, added it again, changed the type and now it works … great! Thanks for the idea.

1 Like

Silly question: What is the best way to open a valve for 5 Minutes? Is there some sort of duration setting or is it simply “Open valve at 8:00 when the weather is nice” and then 5 minutes later a second routine at 8:05 that closes the valve again, even if it had not been open before (due to bad weather)?