[WITHDRAWN] Yamaha RX-V Network Receivers

Thanks! I can confirm that this works with the R-N500 Networkplayer aswell!

@Kristopher I’m excited to get this all working together with my xbox and sonos connect. Step 1 was a success: I’ve got all three components installed from your repository and have connected to and successfully controlled my RX-V673 from the app. Limiting down my inputs to the two I primarily use was also successful.

I hit a snag when trying to initialize one of the on/off virtual switch connections. I set up a simulated switch to connect it to, but it doesn’t seem to see my “L Receiver” (already connected and functional receiver device). Any reason it wouldn’t show up? Did I miss a step?

Does it have to do with a disconnect between ‘receiver’ and ‘yamaha network receiver’ ? Any chance I needed to name something very specifically when I added the receiver as a device?

anyone feel the urge to make Onkyo work with ST??

Here’s one device handler for Onkyo
Note that this is one-way only, no feedback (due to limitations of ST’s APIs)

1 Like

@theli thank you!!1 it works to power on etc. Gotta add a couple other inputs then I gotta figure out ok what can I do with it now that I have it in ST???

@keltymd thank @allanak for creating it. Hopefully we’ll get 2-way local tcp one day and it’ll be better integrated

1 Like

I’m new to the smart home automation, and have very little knowledge about computer programming. I followed your steps, installed the “device-type-yamaha-rx.groovy” under the My Device Handler in the ST, and AV Button On/Off under My SmartApps, and published them. Then created a momentary button switch. The part I don’t understand is the last step “last step – go into the preferences on the device and update it with your IP and port that the receiver is running on.”, what device? i looked everywhere in the ST app, there is preference selection. Also, when I try to setup the AV On button, it asks for Which Receivers,- when I tap to add, only Sonos show up as a selection. One more stupid question, how to write the ip address with port number-http://192.168.1.20:80? is this a correct format?

With the SmartApp, will I be able to adjust the volume of the yamaha receiver from Amazon Echo? Thanks.

I would go into the device in the IDE (My Devices) and then click on the device and then on that page you can edit preferences, you will see that there are separate fields for IP address vs port. You do not need to specify http://, only the IP address and port numbers in the appropriate fields. Below is a screenshot of the preferences for my device, you may also have to change the device to use the “Yamaha Network Receiver” device type if that has not already been done.

Thanks for the quick reply. The only IDE settings I see is in the “My Device Handlers” page on the ST web portal. the “device in the IDE” your referring to, is it on the Iphone app, or the ST web site?

It is on the IDE site, same page as device handlers but a couple of spots to the left, see highlighted link in screenshot below.

Sorry for keeping asking the stupid basic question, when I go into “My Devices”, it gives me a list of my devices, there is no preference setting. When I click on the Yamaha device, it goes into a page where I can either Edit or Delete Yamaha receiver device or add New Device. I don’t know if the ST V2 makes a difference, I have the ST V2. Thanks

I have a V2 hub as well, sounds like you just need to edit the device and then you should see a link to edit preferences. Hopefully the below screenshots showing me getting to my device will help, the highlighted spots are where you click to get to next screen.

I’m really appreciated you guys trying help me out, I just can’t seem to find the preference, here is my screen shot:

I hope I’m on the right website – https://graph.api.smartthings.com/.

Hi @Kristopher

I’ve added a small change to your base code that allows the user to control either the Main_zone or Zone_2 based on a preference. You will need one device for each zone. However, you can’t have two devices with the same IP/Port so you can either have main_zone or zone_2!

It needs a smart app like the sonos discovery app to create the Devices (one for each zone) such that the 2nd DNI is different from the first (DNI is IP:Port). Anybody know where the Sonos Discovery App can be found or similar (Upnp discovery smart app?)

Roy

You have the type set to Momentary Button Tile, I think you need to set the type to Yamaha Network Receiver and then you will have preferences. It appears you set “Device Nework Id” to “yamaha network receiver” instead.

Awesome, thanks so much for putting this out and maintaining it!

When setting up the AV On/Off Virtual Switches, I am not seeing any option under ‘Which Receiver?’

Has anybody else solved this issue?

Excellent work here @theli, Thanks!
I just tried with my TN-NR 616, and it works so far.
Are you planning to develop it? Why don;t you start a thread with your code?

@Francky as I already said, this is not my work but work by @allanak