[WITHDRAWN] MyQ LiftMaster/Chamberlain

:dizzy_face:

@Jim curious, is this expected behavior for hubAction? How about connecting to local services (cameras) using https, how does one do that?

1 Like

My status of door stopped updating since this communication started. I have go to things for myq and force refresh. I have also tilt sensor connected to myq app to trigger refresh. I want to know if anybody else has the same issue or is it only me.

I often have to force refresh the status of my door to get it to update as well.

I havenā€™t been following this thread for about 6 mos. Whatā€™s going on? I take it the once working code now no longer works or something?

https://community.smartthings.com/t/discontinuation-of-myq-connect-community-smartapp/

I think weā€™re all in the same boat. Really highly disappointed in this and Iā€™m guessing soon wonā€™t even have garage integration. I think weā€™re lucky itā€™s working at all right now. Iā€™m already looking into gocontrol.

Tilt refresh no longer works even though the door control and manual refresh does. Anyone have any ideas?

Anyone had a chance to watch the logs? Itā€™ll be a couple days before I can be in front of a computer to debug.

I have not checked it but I can check if you tell me what to do. Do you want me to open the door and then send you live log? I really want this work again. Non of my routines are working currently because of this.

Yeah pretty much just open the door and see what live logging shows. My guess is youā€™ll see some timeout errors. Not sure though.

I do not even see an error on the log. Everything is looking normal except it is not refreshing the status of the door.

2 Likes

I did just a little debugging today, and the results are very odd. My door status also no longer updates automatically. Looking at the SmartApp, it shows the scheduled jobs are still there and running correctly. But, as @knozturk said, thereā€™s nothing at all in the logs when the polling allegedly runs. Iā€™ve never seen this before. Iā€™ll do some more digging later when Iā€™m actually at the house, but I suspect SmartThings has done something on their end to specifically target MyQ polling and disable it, squashing any logs in the process.

When I get time, Iā€™ll see what else I can narrow down. Iā€™m curious to see if the same thing happens if I try and use Pollster. If this is the new normal, Iā€™m actually ok with this. We can edit the SmartApp to throw polling out altogether and just rely on a physical tilt sensor without too much trouble. At least we maintain the ability to open/close.

Summarizing what Iā€™ve confirmed:

1. The regularly scheduled 5-minute refresh poll works fine in the simulator

2. The refresh works if manually initiated from the ā€œthingsā€ door tile itself from within the mobile app

3. The refresh works if you set up Pollster to refresh your door device. This makes sense as itā€™s initiating the refresh from the door the same way as #2 above.

4. The regular 5-minute poll appears to do nothing at all once you have the SmartApp installed live. No log entries are made whatsoever.

I havenā€™t verified for myself whether or not my tilt sensor triggers log entries.

All of this makes me about 95% sure that SmartThings is now intercepting refresh() calls from this SmartApp that call out to MyQ. But at least for now it seems limited to refresh() calls made from within the SmartApp itself. If refresh is initiated from the child device, itā€™s allowed.

So what do we do about it? The 5-minute poll can be replaced by Pollster, but my real desire is to get rid of polling MyQ servers altogether. I think the app would be better if it just took whatever open/closed value the tilt sensor reports and just slap that directly onto the MyQ door device rather than call out to MyQ at all. Obviously, that would require actually having a separate tilt sensor which I really resisted at first, but I think the $30 is worth reliable, instant reporting without having to hack any circuit boards or buying a totally new non-MyQ garage door. Iā€™ll see if I can modify the code to do just that.

5 Likes

So today I have one door that reports and another that does not. Also I think the door got a.mind of it ownā€¦the one that does not report. Yesterday I got scolded for the automation system opening the door automatically and leaving it open while we were gone. I think we gave hit the wall and this is no longer supported by ST. Not sure what the next steps are. Seems lately there are a lot of apps that use to work that are really beginningto break and not supported anymore

1 Like

I am having same issues now. Had my garage door open while we were sleeping and behavior just generally all over the place. Bums me out I spent that money on the MyQ hub. I wouldnā€™t hold my breath as far as this coming back. Iā€™m considering just moving to GoControl with a tilt sensor. But then the pessimist in me says maybe theyā€™ll end integration with GoControl after I spend that money :wink:

Definitely cannot get the continued wife aggro though. With things like this, she has a right to not trust ā€œall this damn automationā€. :slight_smile:

I tried the GoControl and because I have older garage openers I really was not having a lot of luck with them It would cost me the go controllers AND a new garage door opener

It appears there are doing as they said they would by block ST server ipā€™s from status updatesā€¦ So, would seem best if we just rewrote the app to have the garage door button somehow not even use the status from myq, but just show the status from an optional sensor like a tilt sensor. My tilt sensor is 100% on status, just need to tie the 2 devices (icons) together and then weā€™d be done with myq status issues. Iā€™ve had my front lights tied to my tilt sensor to turn lights on when dark out, still works 100%. So the fix seems to find a way to combine 2 items into one. Use the myq for just opening and closing and an optional sensor for status.

2 Likes

Iā€™ve started working on this exactly. New version of the app will use MyQ to send open/close but will rely solely on tilt sensors to determine door open/close status. Trickiest part right now is linking the right doors with the correct tilt sensors. Once I get that, it should be fairly straightforward.

2 Likes

What about having Pollster refresh when a routine is initiated? So when ā€œGoodbyeā€ is executed Pollster will refresh the garages. Or would this be too late and cause the ā€œGarages left openā€ notification? If it is too late is there any way to delay the notification, therefore giving time for Pollster to refresh?

Pollster is not that advanced. All it can do is call ā€œrefreshā€ on a device every X minutes on a schedule. It canā€™t be triggered by any specific action.

Besides that, thereā€™s a bigger problem I didnā€™t mention. This seems crazy, but from what I can tell, SmartThings has specifically blocked this MyQ SmartApp from reacting to any subscription events. This means that even though the Smartapp is set to call refresh based on a tilt sensor changing status or a mode changing, it seems to be completely ignored. Itā€™s possible my testing was flawed, but this was the result I saw unless I modified the code enough so that the app was different enough for SmartThings to no longer recognize it as copy-ninjaā€™s version.

The bottom line seems to be this: ST does not want us polling MyQ in any kind of automated way. My guess is they hard-coded some stuff on their end to isolate this particular SmartApp and kill itā€™s polling. This would have dramatically decreased the traffic Chamberlain sees instantly.

But take heart - all that said, Iā€™m still confident I can work around this by using tilt sensors instead of polling - Iā€™ll just need a few days to find enough time to get it running.