[WITHDRAWN] MyQ LiftMaster/Chamberlain

I did one time enter the garage and close it without ST ever recording it, yes it is possible even set to 1 min, but nice to have it integrated into one app.

I would think maybe during the transition period the scan rate could be turned up to a few times per minute…

I cannot recall it ever recording the open/close when I leave or come home unless I am loading or unloading stuff. If I walk into the garage, open the door, get in my car start it up, back out and close the door, it has never notified me that the door opened and closed.

Heck, even when I use the app to open the door, it doesn’t update until a minute later. (Or when it opens the door for me when I come home)

Again, using the lift master app for notifications, is an acceptable compromise. I’m so happy that it does as much as it does, just asking if there is a different way to poll the door more frequently.

Thanks.

New to SmartThings so please forgive if this is a very simple question/suggestion.

I’ve been reading up on this area (I have a liftmaster but not MyQ). The combinations of Liftmaster version, MyQ, SmartThings, and potentially some 3rd party (Linear GD00Z-4) is a bit complicated to figure out without just buying things and hoping…

In the meantime I’ve purchased a tilt sensor to mount on the door and it is very responsive. The tilt sensor seems to be event driven, not polling and hasn’t missed an open or close event yet. It seems like since there are problems with the polling of the door state this may be an alternative?

Does MyQ still require a monthly subscription to be paid? I’d read that originally. Would the linear gd00z work with this code or is there some other code that is needed?

Thanks!

My chamberlain has MyQ built in and have the Internet gateway connected to the router via Ethernet Do not have pay anything extra for that.

MyQ and Assurelink are free services via the Chamberlain servers. Chamberlain is the mothership also for LiftMaster and Sears Craftsman. These systems are not triggered direct from ST to the opener; they go from ST Hub to Chamberlain’s servers and back to your house via Internet to your openers Gateway, then via RF to the actual opener unit, so this is actually amazing.

But we must be missing some critical code, cause when I had the Wink Hub and App they had full integration and work seemless, just as the respective MyQ and Assurelink apps.

Again, this is a great stride on what @copyninja has pulled off. ST keeps saying full integration is coming, so it’s hard to waste a lot of effort to prefect.

I am happy just to have it functional from one app, and not buying any further gear to make it happen. ST’s seems very slow to add devices, this may be their demise, they seem to rely on the community to work it out. Without and 3rd party support, interfacing is difficult at best for a normal user.

So true. It seems odd to me that they can’t take baseline work and make it standard especially on something that is mainstream like the leader in garage door openers. Without them doing this it appears difficult to move this from hobbiest to massive adoption.

I don’t know why things like this aren’t jumped on by the company. It’s a win win for both companies. For someone not sure about home automation, they get one of their most important items up and running seemlessly. Or a person on the fence of which door opener to buy.

If Wink can get a partnership overnight with seemless integration, what is taking so long? ST promised, but hasn’t delivered on many items. Parterning with a leader in their field is a no brainer. Is one to assume this is an inferior product/company or one not rivaled in the market?

The company should post items inwork with deadlines on their website or in a newsletter to faithful supporters, just seems like endless promises, waiting and wasted hours of a dedicated community; especially the ones that go over and above like @copyninja.

1 Like

I all, My garage door does not have myQ so I purchased 888LM and 828LM. Do I need tilt sensors? Or does it keep track of the door openings and closings?

I was in a similar case. I have an older liftmaster. I have been using this smart app without a tilt sensor. It works well.

When you replaced the garage opener button with LM888 did you need to reprogram the remotes or is it learned into the opener itself.

I think your remotes should remain the same, unless you’re upgrading to security+ 2.0 remotes. In that case, the wall button learns those remotes.

@copyninja, mines still working pretty solid of a few weeks straght. Always been functional, just waiting on the promised full ST integration to ease installation for new users.

Only thing hoping for on full integration is a slightly better status during transit times, functional unit’s light and option to enable/disable the beeper they have for the factory Apps.

Still just nice to be down to one app… Thanks again… Do you have a donation site, if not please create one… always quality work, ST’s should hire you…

I’m really glad that you find this app helpful. You can find the donation link in the [first post][1]. Thanks for the donation :slight_smile:
[1]: [WITHDRAWN] MyQ LiftMaster/Chamberlain

1 Like

I have a Genie garage door opener and the MyQ device controlling it, will this app work with the device or will only work with an opener?

The brand opener is irrelevant if it’s connected using one of their MyQ Gateways/Kits, @copninja’s App simply logs into your associated MyQ server. Not sure if he’ll need to add any additional MyQ ID’s to the code, the different boxes might ID differently.

Other Devices: myQ Smart Home Accessories | Chamberlain

Latest Code is???

MyQ.GarageDoorOpener.SmartDevice.groovy
Date: 2014-12-26

MyQ.LightController.SmartDevice.groovy

MyQ.ServiceManager.SmartApp.groovy

I’m curious, is the MyQ.LightController.SmartDevice for a LiftMaster 825LM Remote Light Control and/or LiftMaster 823LM Remote Light Switch? Also, do we have control of the actual light on the garage opener too?

825LM

823LM

I’ve only tested with 825LM.

No direct control on the light on the garage door opener. There’s possibilities to it, but I’ll have to poke around more. Wife is getting mad I keep messing around with the garage door :smile:

1 Like

No problem, code is functional enough to call a sucess, just was wondering if I actually needed the light code if I got rid of all my other MyQ hardware (switch and light module).

copyninja,

I am using AssureLink. I just installed your app last night and I could open and …sometimes get the doors to close. I tried to open them both when I got home from work today and one opened and the other did not. I haven’t spent much time yet to determine if it’s something on my end.

This is a very cool capability. I never imagined I could add in my Craftsman openers.
Thank you.

Vernon

Hey all! Noobie to ST. Started with a Wink but quickly switched, I love the Smartthings universe so much more. I have a little programming understanding (enough to be a danger to myself and electronics!) I am so glad I found ST and this community. I have read through a ton of posts and the people on here seem awesome!
So here’s my question.
Have a Chamberlain MyQ with the internet gateway and have successfully added the device type and device with a previous code (@essidle), was working fine with my iPhone as a presence sensor. I switched to @copyninja’s (nice work!) to try it out and I like it but I noticed that I no longer have the “Doors & Locks” listed like I did before. (Was right under "Lights & Switches) Did I miss something? I would appreciate any help. I liked having it under that shortcut. But if it can’t be done, so be it. I can live with it.
Thanks in advance! I love being a part of this community. I hope I can contribute down the road.
Noah