[WITHDRAWN] MyQ LiftMaster/Chamberlain

@copyninja I had a problem today with this app today. I left my garage door open by accident for 2 hours during the day. Normally, ST’s notifies me if I leave it open for 5 minutes but didn’t so this time. I went into my Things and noticed that the door still showed closed and in the Activity Log, there was nothing there since the previous day. I logged into IDE and there’s no errors on the device. I reinitialized the MyQ app and now logs look good there. I made the mistake of not checking the MyQ app logs before reinitializing though so I can’t see if there is any errors. I wish you can historically pull up those logs.

Any ideas?

Did any of your scheduling through pollster got stopped as well? I did noticed that the log isn’t showing my polls for each doors anymore. I’m suspecting that there’s some changes to the system backend affecting my codes.

I am not using pollster anymore and am relying on your app. When I reinitialized the app, by going through the wizard again, it seems to have started polling again. I wonder if they had a system issue and the smart app got hung up? Is there any error checking in your app for connectivity?

I appreciate the fact that it doesn’t beep. I know they put the beeper in as part of some standard. The way I see it, if you’re standing directly under the door, the photoelectric eye will stop the door opener. If you’re not standing directly underneath, you’ll see the door moving and stand clear. I wouldn’t mind the beeper except they made it loud enough to wake the whole neighborhood.

1 Like

it’s coded to throw errors if there’s bad connectivity between ST and MyQ. Again, this is at the mercy of the cloud if it’s reporting it right according to what’s coded.

I didn’t do it on purpose, it just won’t beep no matter how much I changed it. The fact that this beeps puzzles me because I’ve based most of the API from here: [OBSOLETE] MyQ Garage Door Device Type

I thought it’ll be cool if I can make an option to let users choose to beep or not beep in the future. But let’s see how it goes because ST has announced integration with Chamberlain, and we don’t know when it’s really coming.

Agreed. I do have small children but the sensor should work right. My 2 kids bedrooms are above the garage and I cringe when that beeping goes off.

I will look at the logs next time this happens.

I just discovered my logging/polling stopped on 1/22. I’m going to reset my app and see if it starts again.

uninstalling the app and reinstalling fixed polling. Anything we can do to help prevent this?

are you using the latest code? @Mbhforum had the same issue last week as well.

Anyone out there using Assurelink? I’m planning to move to V4 api found in current iPhone app. I’m not very sure that Assurelink has the same set of API’s.

I know the Craftsman Assurelink software is several versions behind the Chamberlain/Liftmaster MyQ. I had issues with Wink Hub, despite all 3 brands being the exactly the same under the hood, by serial number of the Garage Gateway, I could not use the Craftsman Assurelink with Winks App (only able to link MyQ accounts). Their support noted Craftsman has not bought off on it, thus on the android side, Craftsman app was v1.5 and MyQ’s were v3.1.

For helping them figure out the problem, they sent me a free Chamberlain gateway so I could use my craftsman system with Wink, so I have both gateways if you need some testing done.

NOTE - Chamberlain builds both Liftmaster and Sears Craftsman Hardware, MyQ and Assurelink are the same protocol, just a different server.

Chamberlain told me their Android MyQ has their latest code at the time, Assurelink was several versions behind.

looks like their Android app last update was since 2013. I guess they didn’t bother to upgrade to newer API’s at all.

Latest Android Versions:
Chamberlain MyQ - v3.0.3 Oct 8, 2014
LiftMaster MyQ - v3.0.3 Oct 8, 2014
Craftsman Asserelink - v1.5.0 Aug 16, 2013

Help Please. I don’t know where to find the answer to this, though Im sure its been asked multiple times. What exactly do I replace in the code to get this to work for my MyQ opener. I not sure what to delete/add to the code and where. I somewhat understand creating a device type but I get lost from there. Any help would be appreciated. I know this probably gets redundant for you guys. Thank you

Copy and paste the device type and smart app codes at https://github.com/copy-ninja/SmartThings_MyQ to your appropriate sections (My SmartApps & My Device Type) on the API page at: https://graph.api.smartthings.com/login/auth

In each section hit the create new button on the top right, hit the “From Code” tab, paste the code, pick create, then publish my. Only need to load the two files for the door to work.

Hard to explain, easy to just poke around and go for it…

Installation:

1. Load MyQ Service Manager in SmartApp section
  2. Load MyQ Garage Door Opener in SmartDevice section
  3. Publish all of the above
  4. In your mobile app, tap the “+”, go to “My Apps”, furnish your log in details and pick your gateway brand, and a list of devices will be available for you to pick

Thank you very much. I was over complicating the issue. It was actually pretty easy. I appreciate the help.

Thank you all for taking the time to implement the Craftsman Assurelink and making it so simple to install. It seems to be working fine on first try. Nice job.