Wireless Thermostat with No Wired Thermostat

Hello,
I am brand new to home automation, but I have been googling the subject for 4 weeks and need to pick a solution for my heat system. In a nutshell, I want to have a thermostat that sits on my nightstand that directly controls my 24V baseboard water heat zone valve for heat and my wall-in air conditioner for cooling (I do not have central air).

Other postings suggest installing a simple thermometer that controls devices that turn on and off the heating/cooling. This would work, but I want a device that someone can use if they just walked into my house and don’t need to be connected to the HA system. I have found a solution using Insteon devices, however, I want to find a different company because they get such terrible reviews. This thermostat does exactly what I want: http://www.smarthome.com/insteon-2441zth-wireless-thermostat.html. It has programmable set points and is also connected to the web and it triggers other devices (a 24V relay for heat and an outlet switch for cooling). It also looks and feels like a thermostat that is easy to use. The only problem is that everyone says Insteon products are poor quality.

I don’t need a wired thermostat because it only controls a simple 24V connection and nothing more. Why not just put the wires back in the wall and control it all wirelessly.

Are there any HA thermostats that do what I need that is not Insteon?

Thanks for the help in my HA expedition!