Since swanny has abandoned the code, I’ve spent some time trying to iron out a few kinks.
WST has fixed the motion inactive callback. The background process that sets it to inactive is no longer necessary. (I’ve set it to 30 minutes as a backup. But this isn’t even necessary.)
The ST app code has at least two bugs. (1) The device update forces a rearm and a door close reset Hence, it will destroy your door closed settings and often cause the smart app to fail to initialize as it takes so long. (2) The polling will always set the tags to motion inactive.
I’ve fixed both of these bugs and made the integration trust the motion inactive callback. I posted a fork to my gitHub. [I have a bit of cleanup to do still, as I’m currently ignoring the timeout interval setting.]