I am desperate to get my old Roomba working with SmartThings.
Now that the ThinkingCleaner project is dead, I’m going to attempt to resurrect the old RooWiFi projects.
A Device Type Handler that can issue commands to the Roomba, a well as receive updates from various sensors all through RooWiFi.
The RooWiFi API allow access to a JSON, and three specific commands that can be sent to the roomba.
HTTP GET, with Basic Authentication
- http:// Roomba_Wifi_Remote_IP /roomba.cgi?button=CLEAN
- http:// Roomba_Wifi_Remote_IP /roomba.cgi?button=SPOT
- http:// Roomba_Wifi_Remote_IP/roomba.cgi?button=DOCK
- Control the Roomba’s Clean/Dock Function
- Control the Roomba’s SPOT Function
- Parse JSON to return Current Device Activity State
- Parse JSON to report Battery Percentage, Charging State
- Create SmartApp to manage the creation of the Device
I’ve never written anything in Groovy before, let alone for SmartThings. I do have lots of programming experience with other languages though.