Wink to SmartThings conversion: Schlage Lock and Honeywell Thermostat Help Needed

How do I “unselect/disconnect” devices from Wink when it is still down, in order to convert over to SmartThings? Or am I overthinking this???

Start here for the answer to your question and more.

Short answer: for z-wave devices you can perform an exclusion from the ST app and for zigbee, you need to reset them.

1 Like
  1. Move your Z-Wave device within 10ft of your Hub.
  2. Tap Devices.
  3. Find your Hub and select it.
  4. Tap the More Options icon. (3 dots in the upper right)
  5. Tap Z-Wave Utilities.
  6. Tap Z-Wave exclusion.
  7. Tap the button on your Z-Wave device to factory reset it. Some devices require special button presses, so you may need to refer to your Z-Wave device manual if a single button tap does not work.
2 Likes

So, what you’re saying is that I can’t move forward on my Lock because Wink is still down and therefore, I can’t exclude it. Which is my original question. The other device is a Thermostat…

The exact opposite of that. Devices that are currently connected to Wink can be excluded from the ST app in most cases.

Need brand/model of the thermostat and lock.

2 Likes

Thermostat is Honeywell and lock is Schlage. And since I’m a neophyte, can you tell exactly what to do? Thank in advance!

The creators of Zwave understood that there might be times when the original zwave hub was unavailable. Maybe the hub itself stopped working. Maybe you bought the device used. Maybe the device had been connected to a test network at the manufacturer and the information wasn’t cleared before the device was shipped.

So they provided a method called “general exclusion” which allows ANY certified zwave hub to issue an exclude command to ANY nearby zwave device, even if they’ve never been connected before. To get the device to accept the command you have to do something to it physically, usually a specific tap pattern, which is what keeps devices from being accidentally reset.

Once the exclude command is accepted, the devices clears the old network information from its memory and it is then ready to be added to a new network. :sunglasses:

So @jkp was telling you how to use your new SmartThings hub to issue a general exclusion to the zwave devices that were previously connected to your Wink hub.

1 Like

First rule of home automation: “the model number matters.” For more detailed help we’ll need the exact model numbers. :thinking:

Thermostat Honeywell TH6320WF02 and Schlage BE469

1 Like

The BE469 can be fussy and you may have to try several times, but it should work eventually. See the following thread from last week for tips.

Converting Schlage BE469 from Wink to SmartThings

OK and the Honeywell?

Never mind the Honeywell hooked itself up!

1 Like

Gave up on the Lock.