Wink Acquired By i.am+

4 Likes
3 Likes

Well then, if Will.I.Am bought Wink, one question remains:

Will.It.Blend?

6 Likes

I Gotta Feeling that it will go Boom, Boom, Pow!

4 Likes

For sure, the hub is going to be rebranded Wink.i.am. :smiley:

3 Likes

Dude! That will be so awesome! Gas station dogs are the bomb!

1 Like

Maybe they’ll be in the next Xmen

1 Like

Yeah, da bomb, literally :wink:

2 Likes

I’ll let you guys know when my Wink hub stops working reliably. Perhaps I should use another metric since reliability isn’t something you guys are used to here.

6 Likes

smart hub burn

3 Likes

I wasn’t making it up, was I? He-he-he.

Alexa can control your compatible smart lights, thermostats, locks, garage doors, sprinklers, and more. Set up devices from Philips Hue, GE, Kwikset, and others without the need for a separate hub. Just ask Alexa to discover your connected devices.

6 Likes
2 Likes

This is sad…

two current employees of smart home platform Wink — which i.am+ acquired in 2017 — tell The Verge that workers haven’t been paid in seven weeks, and that their office in Schenectady, New York has been temporarily closed.

Sure… But as an employee of Wink (at almost any level) they surely could see the writing on the wall.

Yes - we can predict Wink’s failure without any stake in the matter. But staff who stay on a sinking ship have to take some responsibility for their own careers.

1 Like

And we have zero insight to the individuals’ situations so perhaps we shouldn’t judge.

6 Likes

I’m a believer in taking personal responsibility, especially if it effects other people.

There were plenty of people at all levels of the banking / investment sector who knowingly took part in the fraud and cost people their savings, homes, and even their lives.

Meanwhile employees at Wink have had the opportunity to refuse to continue to participate in the continuing sales of a dying platform and yet have not been forthcoming with consumers.

The worst they will suffer is some lost wages and a lost job. Meanwhile, innocent, uninformed, Wink Customers will lose their investment, effort and time.

I agree that everyone has their own reasons and circumstances. But that isn’t an excuse for hurting others. Surely upper management at Wink had the opportunity to inform and release employees long before they became 7 weeks behind in salary payments. These managers deliberately attempted to hide the seriousness of the situation from their employees and customers. Yes - I reserve the right to “judge” them, cuz a post on a forum ain’t of any consequence anyway.

I’ve consistently advised everyone to avoid Wink - for years. Best I could do.

1 Like

That headline implies that Will.i.am actually had “plans” for Wink. :roll_eyes::rofl:

2 Likes

No, he entered in to the deal to lose money on purpose I guess.

:roll_eyes:

1 Like

I was a Wink Hub 2 user before coming here. I’m still a Vera user for my Zwave network. Wink had a nice and simple app, decent Zigbee integration, and little to no support when it was needed. I jumped ship when they started having odd cloud outages, one of which had no documentation because their offices were supposedly closed for moving to a new location. Quite shady.
I sold my hub on eBay this week and couldn’t have timed it better.

2 Likes