Windows Phone App Issues [URGENT - Broken for 28 days - Fix it!]

Just checked again. Still unable to edit Things in SmartApps as they show GUIDs. System is unusable to me. ST, please fix this.

iā€™ve given up, ST arent going to fix it, there just aint enough of us windows phone users for us to be bothered.

(All views expressed are my own, and do not in any way relate to the official thinking of ST :smile: )

I contacted support and they said they are making this a priority. Iā€™d like to see them put something on status.smartthings.com considering this a MAJOR problem. I am still seeing GUIDS for all Smartapps and Modes are not showing correctly either which is impacting Routines. Also, the Dashboard is displaying false information (lights on when they are not, doors open when they are not, etc.)

Received this from support:
"My apologies for the issues; unfortunately I do not have a timeline to
offer on when the problems will be fixed. I can say though, that this is a
priority right now for our developers, given the nature of the issue. I have
your account tagged to get a notification once we have implemented a fix to the
issues."

That message was on 2/12/16. I really hope to see something happen really really soon. SmartThings needs better leadership, needs to own the problem publicly and act swiftly when usability is impacted (meaning no one goes home until this problem is fixed that is impacting a subset of users for 2+ weeks).

I spent $1000+ on ST because they claimed to support Windows Phone during this past holidays season. I would have stopped before spending any money on ST if I knew ST have so many problems and it take weeks and yet unresolved for Windows Phone.

2 Likes

Iā€™ve sent support another query about the status and just waiting for that canned response. I echo everyoneā€™s frustration on the lack of support and updates we are getting here.

Hereā€™s the latest response I got from Support. They are apparently finalizing a soon to be released update.

Thank you for the reply. Iā€™m sorry to hear youā€™re still having the issue. We have identified this issue on the Windows mobile app and are finalizing an update for the app that will be released soon. I appreciate your patience while we work to get this taken care of.
Dominic R.
Support Engineer

Anything working better for anyone yet? So disappointed with Samsung/SmartThingsā€¦

Still the same for me. Based on the reply from jononthelamā€™s post, I guess we can anticipate an updated app that will fix these issues.

Iā€™m sorry for the delay the fixes are taking. The new version of our windows app should resolve the remaining issues but I donā€™t have an ETA for itā€™s release.
As soon as I hear a definite release timeline I will let you know.
Best Regards,
Josh
SmartThings Support

Hey Kevin,
Iā€™m sorry for the delay in getting these bugs fixed out within our mobile app. We did push out an update earlier today that should have resolved many of the issues (like being unable to access the marketplace). We are still working on getting the application updated but it should be in a better state functionality wise.
Best Regards,
Josh
SmartThings Support

Did you push the update to the store? ā€¦ my phone(s) are not seeing the update and in the app there is no marketplace yet. (WIN8.1 and WM10).
Douwe

Kevin merely post what support Josh has told him. The update support referred to was a server side update which fixed the marketplace last week, and it was not an app update. The marketplace is the ability to add ā€œThingsā€ and ā€œSmartAppsā€ where Windows Phone users (us) were having problem previously (see pic).

1 Like

When can we expect a fix for only being able to view device GUIDs in Smart Apps? Trying to select a device using a Smart App i.e. Smart Lighting just causes the application to crash. At this point Iā€™m unable to edit or add any new lighting automations.

Not meaning to pile on more, but there also remains the issues of having to hit the back button multiple times just to change screens and the fact the sizing for Windows 10 Mobile is off; the bottom of windows that require scrolling is cut off by the on screen windows keys (Lumia 950). Neither of these were ever issues with Windows Phone 8.1.

1 Like

Gotcha

I knew about the adding thingy; what really is making it almost unusable is the inability to figure what is what (no names) in the ā€œThingsā€ screen to turn stuff on/off on this platform; good I have some android tablets around :slightly_smiling:

Douwe

2 Likes

For the Home mode while in a Smartapp, does yours appear like this?

[
ā€œHomeā€
]

I second the problem having to hit back multiple times while in Things. I believe you have to hit back button 3 times for the app to respond.

Also using Window 10 with a Lumia 950.

1 Like

What do you mean by the Home mode while in a SmartApp?

Also, the number of back presses varies for me. Sometimes it responds after one press, other times after around 3 or more. I almost always end up backing up to far, mostly right out of the app. Itā€™s as if the app locks up because of a threading issue and will not respond until the thread is no longer blocked.

No update for a while? Scary.

I have Android platform too, but thatā€™s not without issue either. I tried to remove things from rooms but doesnā€™t work on my device

The http://status.smartthings.com/ has been showing everything is ā€œoperationalā€ even though Windows Phone users have been suffered for almost a month now.
Even though the situation has been improved since then. I would not call this operational because it is almost impossible to change anything due to the GUID instead of the device name. Also the constant crashing of the app.
Call it operational is just irresponsible and untrue. It also tell you how much you can trust SmartThings as a company.

2 Likes

Bumping this up again since we are clearly being ignored. Fix the app!!! :rage:

2 Likes

This is beyond ridiculous. I canā€™t fully use the product I have spent thousands of dollars to use for over a month!

1 Like