Will there be an end to the mess that is two apps?

I don’t know how big the issue is, I am on iOS 13.1.2 (Xs Max) and I never get logged out.

There is a history tab now from the left hamburger menu on IOS

2 Likes

the ios logout issue is very big and common. But seems like a fix is coming. While i’m not as bold to say i could use the prod version of the new app 100%, the future looks very good and it seems like someone at Samsung/SmartThings was listening to the user survey that was done several months back. :sun_with_face:

1 Like

Oh I see it! I am on Note 8. I think this is good enough :slight_smile: Gonna start using this new app buddy. Really looking forward to this new rules engine stuff. Won’t be able to attend the SDC – thank you for the code and invite. Any ETA on this rules engine? Its OK if it is still in private preview and you cannot share.

3 Likes

As I understand, this is fixed in the next app release.

2 Likes

@jody.albritton, @Nezmo couldn’t have said it any better. I’ve tried to give the new app so many opportunities, but it just falls flat in terms of the functionality and speed I currently have in Classic. Most recently I tried to move all my automations over and that failed miserably. SHM in the new app all of a sudden just crapped out with no fix in sight, and then I was not able to add any more custom automations due to server failure, and then I had ghost scenes/automations still running even after deleting them.

I sure hope all the hype given to the new rules engine can do the simple things we had in Classic. I already posted in another discussion some simple things the new app must do: (just to name a few)

1 Like

Hi @jody.albritton, thanks for the updates, sounds like the new app will soon be improving some more. One issue I still have is with the 20 room limit in the new app that we don’t have in the old app or IDE, as I have 22 rooms.
I was also going to comment of the speed of loading the Thing list but having just tested that, I find the new app now lists faster than the classic app, so that seems to have improved recently.

now, if only location services could be used to arm/disarm STHM :slight_smile: :heavy_check_mark:

5 Likes

This is the only reason I had to step back to the classic app :disappointed:

Like if everyone has left then arm STHM or when someone arrives disarm?

both, like in Classic

yes to both

Disarming STHM via a keypad is something that’s also needed.

2 Likes

like this?

:grin::smile::smiley::grinning:

4 Likes

Need WWST hardware for that first. if the ST Access that JKP posted ever happens and allows STHM control, that would be :100:

2 Likes

Where is the best place to bookmark new developments of the platform? Is there a forum on what’s happening and when?

Shameless plug (if you’re on Twitter)
https://twitter.com/SmartThingsBeat

Also, there’s an announcements category in this forum you can subscribe to.

3 Likes

Look at the release notes for the major November app versions. Should arrive sometime next month if everything continues on current course.

7 Likes

A couple of things still missing (not even in the staging app):

• Ability to control SHM from apps
  • Video tile for camera devices
  • DTH’s with multiple capabilities don’t render all the capabilities
8 Likes

@RBoy, is the Carousel tile working or has any replacement? Maybe you can add that too.

1 Like