WiHouse - wifi smart switch

WiHouse - WiFi smart switch.

Hello everyone, I have a question.
I found something like this on the internet.

http://wihouse.eu/en

I was looking for a solution that would allow me to remotely control the switches.
What do you think of this solution ?

It’s an attractive switch, but this forum is for people who are using the SmartThings home automation platform, and I don’t see any way to integrate the WiHouse switch with SmartThings. The WiHouse is also quite expensive when compared to the Z wave switches which do integrate with SmartThings such as Devolo, although the WiHouse is a more elegant design.

Personally, I prefer not to use Wi-Fi for home automation switches and sensors except in rare cases. They have much higher electricity use than zwave or zigbee, and they also are competing with your other Wi-Fi devices like tablets and video streamers. I generally choose network protocols for home automation which don’t have to compete with my other Internet devices. But that’s just my own preference.

I think if you just want a few light switches and sockets, you don’t want to have a hub, and you are OK with higher energy use and euro cost, then Wi-Fi switches like WiHouse are certainly worth considering. I don’t know anything about the engineering quality of that particular brand, although Robb is carrying them in the Netherlands, which is usually a good sign.

But many people prefer the energy savings and greater sophistication of a hub based system like SmartThings, particularly if they want to go beyond just a few light switches.

Different things will work for different people. :sunglasses: I do like the look of the WiHouse switches, but I think most people reading these forums will prefer something that integrates with SmartThings.

2 Likes