Why setLocationMode won't execute

(Chuck Pearce) #1

I have a parent/child app/device setup for takeOutDog.groovy: https://github.com/chuckpearce/stRepo

Everything seems to be working fine except when the child calls parent.startTakeOut() the “setLocationMode” will not execute. I have put a push notification in there to test and it does say the correct mode. I attempted to hard code it to “Home” and that doesn’t work either.

Later I call setLocationMode under endTakeOut and that does properly change the mode of the home.

Can anyone explain to me what I am doing incorrectly? I even attempted to create a function that was called within startTakeOut but that had identical results.

(Geko) #2

I also had mixed results with executing parent’s functions from the child device context. Sometimes they work, but more often than not, they don’t. Particularly, functions that modify app’s state don’t seem to work.

(Bruce) #3

Funny, the first one changed mode for me just fine, but not the second.

The mobile app didn’t show the change though. I saw it through ActiON.

(Chuck Pearce) #4

It does appear to be working for me now, not exactly sure what fixed it if it was even broken to begin with, or if it was just my perception based on logging and the UI.

Thank you for the feedback guys.