Why are my events firing twice?

Last night my good night event which switches to “night mode” after sunset fired twice about 3min apart.

This morning an event I have to turn on my split ac system fired twice at its 7am scheduled time.

Is anyone else experiencing this ?

Any ideas on how to fix ?

I am not seeing this.

Nope. Wish it fired at least once. Oops, sorry buddy!

2 Likes

Bummer! Report it to support. I see this occasionally. I suspect it’s just a cloud services burp. :disappointed:

too much beer last night i bet

2 Likes

Support says they are transitioning to another scheduler and I had schedules on both. They said they will manually migrate me to the new scheduler.

1 Like

Berry interesting

Yes - we’re testing a new scheduler that alleviates issues related to scheduled events firing late or not at all.

1 Like

I like you tyler… you generally have good news. :slight_smile:

This is great however the term “testing” concerns me. Do you normally test in a live system. Shouldn’t there be a test environment ?

I’m seeing events firing 2-3 times in a row in my smart apps. Kind of scary :frowning:

To be more specific, we’ve been “testing” this for 6 months. Testing includes testing in a development environment, in a QA environent, doing load testing, testing with internal (employee) user accounts, then rolling out the changes to our public environment in a staged manner.

Testing is probably the wrong word - it’s a staged roll out.

I’m not familiar with these issues but I’d recommend contacting Support.

@Tyler Thanks for clarifications. That sounds much better, sorry to jump on the word “Test”.

@tyler,

Are there any scheduling changes at the moment?

I’ve seen events firing twice in my logs such as:

2015-05-19 2:00:02.835 PM UTC
2 hours ago COMMAND refreshChildTokens 0c61df090513","oau… true
2015-05-19 2:00:02.830 PM UTC
2 hours ago COMMAND refreshChildTokens 2015-05-19 2:00:02.747 PM UTC
2 hours ago APP_COMMAND refreshChildTokens My ecobee Init sent refreshChildTokens command to My ecobee Kitchen true
2015-05-19 2:00:02.739 PM UTC
2 hours ago APP_COMMAND refreshChildTokens My ecobee Init sent refreshChildTokens command to My ecobee Kitchen true

And, it affects the refresh_tokens() calls that I have to do with Ecobee every hour.

I then get the following exception in my logs

groovyx.net.http.HttpResponseException: Unauthorized,

As I lose my authorization token with ecobee.

Should I also open a support ticket?

Regards.

1 Like

One more bug to add to the list of bugs fixed in the past that have returned.

1 Like