Where do photos go?

Your stats are correct when viewed in total dollars earned per app. But the life cycle of a iOS app is much shorter than an android version. In short, iOS users “get bored” much quicker than Android users.

The monetization over the lifetime of an app aka the LifeTime Value (LTV) is much more stable on android. Android generally sees lower initial installs but maintains those numbers for much longer. On iOS you get the early adopters but early adopters also means people the bulk of the people probably downloaded it because it is “new” so you get a big spike at release that doesn’t last very long.

iOS devs need to continually create new apps where as android doesn’t have the “churn and burn” that iOS has.

Different stats are at play here. Were both right, and I understand why iOS is a valuable place to develop, just depends if you want a quick buck or sustainable revenue.

This also plays only to small developers the big companies like Rovio for instance are OS agnostic really. They just make money plain and simple lol.

I like iOS dont get me wrong. But my company has tripled revenue by focusing on Android Development.

1 Like

This is an old thread but I have the same question. Where do the pictures go? I am using the @pstuart generic camera device type. I have created a smartapp that triggers the camera to take a picture when a button is pushed. Now I want to take that picture and send it off to pushbullet. How would I get the url for the picture?

@slagle

1 Like

I’m not really sure where the picture goes after it’s saved other than seemingly going somewhere in the ST cloud but if you open the picture in the ‘Recently’ tab under the camera device, it gives you the ability to share the picture. Interestingly, when you click on the ‘share’ button it saves a local copy of the image under your SmartThings directory in your phone as ‘share-image.jpg’.

There is also a folder called ‘camera’ with multiple pictures in it but it isn’t all of the pictures and it isn’t the most recent ones. Not sure how the images sent into that folder are chosen or if there is a delay for the app to actually download them onto the phone.