SmartThings Community

What’s in a name? SmartThings and SmartThings Classic

That’s the intention, but the new ecosystem doesn’t even have any way to work with the zigbee and zwave devices yet, so it’s all pretty theoretical. I think it has to be judged on what it does today.

There’s a topic in the forum where people have put things that they like about the V3 app.

Meanwhile and I know I am as guilty as anyone on this account, let’s try to keep this thread on topic for discussions of what to call the two currently available apps.

If you want to discuss features of either of the apps, use the following thread instead:

"SmartThings Classic" (V2 app) vs "SmartThings (Samsung Connect)" (V3 app)

3 Likes

I was on topic… my suggestion was to call it the ‘crappy’ app… so I was justifying my reasoning lol :rofl:

3 Likes

I don’t think the appellative is entirely deserved. It has some UI merits, for one, it flows well with One UI and also is much better organized than v2. Unfortunately, it seems that it matures like wine. At this development pace, it will be very good in about 10 years. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I had to google the meaning of that… touché

Certainly does… but a slick interface does not make a good app.

All it needs for me to consider a nicer appellation would be the addition of ‘my apps’ and the ability to customise tiles… with just those two things I would happily switch over.

2 Likes