What projects are you currently working on?

Wow what a great idea sidjonh1!

Is there allot of coding involved with this. I’ve been wanting something like this but didn’t know NeTV existed.
the 2016 Samsung USHD tvs have this built in but im not about to drop 2 grand on a TV haha.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Sadly, I had to squash this… The NeTV did not reliably receive posts to display messages. Testing between my laptop and the NeTV yielded some humorous and frustrating results so its collecting dust :(.

Yeah I watched a bunch of videos on it and wasn’t totally impressed. I’m glad they finally combined smart things wit hthe new Samsung TVS but I can’t afford it at this time. :slight_smile:

Thanks for the idea though!

Got tired of waiting for someone to create a device that texts me when my oil tank needs to be filled, so I devised a method to do it myself. Now when the float hits 1/4 of a tank, I get a text message. Necessity is the mother of invention, right?

I just took an open/close door sensor and put the magnet on top of the gauge. When the gauge with the magnet goes down to a 1/4 tank it in essence closes the door sensor. The closing event triggers my SmartThings home automation system to send me a text message.

1 Like

Hi all.

I was also looking at an Oil Tank monitoring system as I also run out of fuel on a regular basis (not checking the tank level!)…
I came across this purpose build smart Oil tank monitoring system that tick all the boxes for me!
It has a “rocket” type of ultrasonic sensor built for oil tank. He has a web interface and an iOS and Android dedicated App…
More importantly, it will send me email alerts when I am running low!
It also keep an historic of the consumption and estimate the number of days left in the tank etc etc etc.
Mine is on the way and I look forward to installing it.
Have a look at www.oilpal.com

As far as I know, this doesn’t have an open web API, but if I can display a web page in my Smartthing (“home remote”) dashboard… that will do perfectly !

Tony.

Hi Tony,

I have one of these Oilpals installed and working.

Did you ever get anywhere with smartthings intergration?