What other hubs do the same thing as SmartThings?

Here is why I ask, I saw something about a hub being discontinued and not serviced anymore, turns out it is the 2013 version and I have the newest one or 3 I think, m/n IM6001-V3P01 and the main reason I have it is I have a Kwikset 916 Z-Wave Plus front door lock connected so I can use the app to lock and unlock it.

I was about to buy a 2nd Samsung hub identical to the one I have just as a backup, they were under $50 I think, but they dont make them anymore.

I am familiar with Aeotec Smart Home Hub and it is $125 on Amazon, and assume this would be the replacement.

I also have Nest and Alexa and an Iphone. What if I wanted to use Google home or something like that instead of SmartThings? What would I buy? If all I wanna do is connect the door and Nest and my Samsung TV’s and later maybe some lights?

Thanks (Connecting the TV’s is not a deal breaker)

p.s. And I have a RING video doorbell, but the app it comes with is fine I think. I guess connecting it to the home hub would be good. As usual I am not sure about that, for instance can I connect it to the Samsung Hub I now have and if I do will I still be able to function it using the RING app or does it cancel that out? I think I know the answer but might as well check.

This appears to be a duplicate post to your earlier one…

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 5 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.