What is the most menacing message you can play through Sonos speakers for intruders?

(Mike) #1

I have one message that says: “Intruder, leave now or die.”

Another one that says, “Intruder, Police is coming.”

What ideas do you have?

(Tim Slagle) #2

Shotgun, grenade, or naked jazz hands. Your move. Choose wisley.

(Carlos Perez) #3

Honey get me my AK
:slight_smile:

(Brian Steere) #4

First thing I thought of

(Ron S) #5

Guys… A little off topic. I put on my jacket twice today to go out to best buy to get the Sonos 5 but returned… Help me make up my mind, please! Is it really good and 399.99 the right price to pay?

(Greg) #6

Don’t get the 5, get the 1 or 3. they are more than enough

I love my sonos. I have 2 5’s and one 3. I would never buy another 5 again though. my 3 is just as good.

(Ron S) #7

K. As such I am not going to use it as my primary home theater just something which can give me the great features that you all talk about and match the regular Bose I use to stream music on right now via Bluetooth.

(Chrisb) #8

Yoohoo! Big Summer Blowout!

(Ron S) #9

Just got Sonos 1 and connected it and trying to figure things out. Later this is going to make room for 5 may be? Trying to set it up quick before the missus arrives home from work. :wink:

(Carlos Perez) #10

just blame your buddies in the internet if she asks

(Ron S) #11

:wink: twenty characters!

(Mike) #12

I feel like the opposite. I feel like the 3 and the 1 are close together and the 5 is much more powerful.

(Ron S) #13

Here’s an honest opinion from a first time Sonos user. The setup is pretty easy, within ten minutes I was able to play my iTunes library, Z100 NY top hit music station blah… Blah… Hooking it up with ST was a breeze.

Now sound quality… Sonos 1 vs Bose SoundDock 10 with bluetooth that I use… The 1 is nowhere near it which is expected. 199 vs 500+ system. I primarily bought it for ST integration and play with it with the added benefit of streaming music. Not sure how the 5 matches up.

(Ben Edwards) #14

Like others have said, I like the SONOS 1’s much better than the others. They have updated tech in them as well. Get 2 1’s.

(Ben Edwards) #15

The dogs barking sound that is built in is very scary at loud volumes.

(Beckwith) #16

Sonos Play 5 definitely has a better sound than Sonos 1 especially when you really crank it. However, Sonos Play 1 is much better value and can handle moist conditions (i.e. bathroom). I have a Playbar, Subwoofer, four Play 1s, four Play 3s and one Play 5. Also have a bridge and a boost. They are all way overpriced in my opinion.

(Ron S) #17

I really want a second one…once the missus is in a good mood. :wink: Already dropped the lady Santa a hint! :slight_smile:

(Ron S) #18

@beckwith wherever you work, are they hiring? :wink: I am totally completely flat broke this year and next after buying our first house and paying property taxes, I am in Jersey you know! :slight_smile:

(Beckwith) #19

@smart

I don’t want to think about the cost.

(Chuckles) #20

Don’t think about the cost to your career, think about the gain to your friendship. In any event, just being from Jersey doesn’t rule him out as a productive member of your team.

What’s that? Oh - that isn’t what you were getting at? :speak_no_evil: