What is the best inexpensive DIRECTLY INTEGRATED TTS Speaker for voice alerts?

Ok thanks for the reply.

1 Like

Sorry for opening this again. How is the M3 speaker working and did it start slowing down after a few months?

For me the Samsung M3/R3 speakers are working fine but there are some major delays between events happening and when the speakers actually announce the events
 for instance, I’ll get an announcement that the porch door is open 5 minutes after it was opened. I’m not sure if that’s what you’re referring to as “slowing down”. I haven’t had any time to troubleshoot it, but rebooting the hub didn’t seem to correct the issue.

If there’s a known issue or a fix for this, I’d love to hear about it.

I have also experienced “hiccups” in the response time of various events. MANY things can cause that. But I attribute the delays mostly to internet latency since most of my automations run in the cloud.

i have a samsung Radiant360 R1 Wi-Fi/Bluetooth Speaker that worked with bigtalker just fine i installed bigtalker2 but it will not see my speaker samsung smartthings sees the speaker. i can also see alexa speaker and it works but i want it to come through my R1 thanks for any help or info

Hey,

Check out our Voice Alert from EcoNet Controls.

https://www.econetshop.com/soundalert.html

1 Like

Very cool. Does it work with the new V3 app? Because I have a use case in mind for it. :sunglasses:

Alternatives to virtual switches and sensors

And exactly how do you customize the voice alerts, that part wasn’t clear to me from the page.