What is Samsung Bixby?

It is old news that Google Assistant is coming to other phones than Pixel but this article mentions Bixby?

“Samsung is rumored to bring to life a brand new advanced assistant for the Galaxy S8 called Bixby.”

Bixby is Samsung’s (new) version of a baked-in assistant ala Siri, Cortana, Google Assistant, Alexa.

The folks originally who originally created Siri ended up creating a new AI assistant called “Viv”, and that’s what Samsung recently bought, so “Bixby” is the new “Viv”.

Viv sounded pretty cool when the creators initially rolled it out, so Bixby definitely has a lot of potential - the folks behind it are some big-brains who’ve been in this game for a long time.

1 Like
2 Likes

It sounds like Samsung envisions this Bixby eventually permeating all of their technology.
When will we get to play with it as part of SmartThings?

Well we all knew it was coming, and here it is. Samsung announced Bixby a voice assistant. It will start in their Galaxy line, and I assume evolve from there. No mention of home control yet, but we will see.

Bixby review from someone who’s actually used it for a few weeks as part of the preview program:

1 Like

All I want is a setting to turn it off, I keep hitting the dang button.

1 Like

Turning off Bixby…

'ere tis…

1 Like