What has happened to this platform?!?!

Really? What Zigbee channel is your Bridge using?

ST is on zigbee channel 19
Hue on channel 15

I wouldn’t be surprised if they are counting other iterations of SmartThings, such as the Samsung Connect. I believe those users would not be using the SmartThings Apps.

1 Like

Change Hue to 25.

So when you goto to add a thing, ST isn’t automatically discovering your Hue Bridge?

That’s a lot of congestion. I use the wifi analyzer built into the mac OS and I have close to as many sources as you show, but most of mine have signal strengths around -85 or lower. I will try to screenshot mine tonight. What app/software did you use?

It’s Wifi Analyzer on Android from the Play Store.

1 Like

Wow! I envy you for being able to have all of your cables nicely organized. I can never seem to achieve this.

1 Like

There’s an analyzer built into the OS? Where’s it located?

Never mind. found it here:

Never knew that existed

Yep, thats it. It’s hidden from the heard.

Correct.

Hue is communicating perfectly well on its own within itself. SmartThings is communicating perfectly well within itself, and with all other systems except Hue.

When I follow the steps to add the Hue bridge to SmartThings, ST does not see it.

I’ll try the channel change later or this weekend and see if that helps.

are you on the Hue beta firmware?

No. But I am apparently on the latest firmware in both systems.

Ok, a question: does ST discover/communicate with Hue via Ethernet? Or via zigbee?

:joy: it’s not as neatly organized as that picture might suggest. Once those cables and cords hit the floor, there is a big spaghetti bowl on the floor that you just can’t see there.

1 Like

I know that The Bridge/Bulbs are supposed to reside on the same LAN for them to be able to communicate. I’m not positive if the discovery process is using IP or Zigbee. Our resident expert is out until tomorrow.

Is your Hue Bridge version 1 or version 2?

What firmware is the Bridge on?

V2 bridge. Firmware 1711151408.

The Hue Bridge is reached by SmartThings only by IP (LAN).

The Bridge preferably is set to use a different ZigBee frequency than the SmartThings Hub.

2 Likes

Your pretty current so that’s not an issue.

Hey Glen,

You have been around for a while, so I’m wondering if at some point you had tried installing Hue with the Hue Connect SmartApp or another SmartApp related to Hue.

Just for s…s and grins, login to the IDE and goto Locations / Installed SmartApps and go down the entire list any see if there are any remnants for any Hue related SmartApps. This is a possibility as to why the Bridge may not be able to be rediscovered.

Mine was discovered via ST the native way. I am not using any of the other custom stuff (old Hue Connect, Hue B Smart) and there is nothing that shows anything related to Hue under Solutions or Other in Installed SmartApps

If you do find something, click Edit in upper right and then uninstall it.

Also go through your list of Devices in IDE just to maybe see if you have some wayward device (ghosts) living on its own that might represent the Bridge in some shape or form.

I thought as much.

Ok then. ST is on (and wired to) my wireless router, and Hue on the wired router. But they are both on the same subnet. Do they need to be on the same hub?

@WB70: nope, no remnants…, I’d never tried to put the Hue on ST until now.