What has happened to this platform?!?!

I’m not going to be on much for awhile and I’m only reading a few posts when I am, but I wanted to just make two quick comments. ( I haven’t read this entire thread, so forgive me if these have already been mentioned.)

1. SmartThings and the Hue bridge do not communicate via zigbee at all. They communicate via LAN. The zigbee channels they are using is still relevant because of potential interference, but it’s relevant in the way that the channels that two apartment neighbors might be using is relevant. You want these set far apart to reduce potential interference.

If you are using Wi-Fi mesh or or have set up some similar kind of equivalent, all bets are off as to whether smartthings will discover your bridge because of the way SuperLAN Connect works. So you may need support to help you track down the issues.

1. There are currently some known issues with the official smartthings/Hue integration, particularly if you are on a beta for either one. And that includes if you are using the “Hue labs” options from Phillips – – those are actually all beta versions.

If you are having trouble getting a Hue bridge to join your account, contact support. It’s quite likely that they will have to be involved for any of several different reasons. Or at least they can help pinpoint the problem quicker.

2 Likes