What cool things are you automating? (UK)

Got mine yesterday and already played around with it! Its great, really simple to use (binary sensors) and using the device handler works reliably. Using sellotape and a 9v battery is very annoying so about to throw some more money at Amazon for a breadboard starter kit!

However, I am having trouble setting up a virtual motion sensor to be triggered by the smartapp. I can trigger a virtual switch properly using it no problems, but when I change it to a motion sensor (and of course, making the required changes to the code), I can see the dev handler running the routines to change the state with no errors but it would not change its state. I gave up after a couple of hours of tinkering and went to bed!

That does help, but I thought the Hue bulbs weren’t certified to work outdoors so is it safe to use one even if it is enclosed? Thinking of some deep Northern frosts I might get!

Do you use automated radiator values then? I’ve not seen these, what make are they? I’ve just got my heating on next which works really well but control by room would be even better!

House acceptance makes perfect sense, the only thing I struggle with is when people come to stay. I really want to be able to give them control over their room (lights, Sonos, heating) so I wonder if Harmony is the way to go for this. Or a cheap tablet control panel with restricted smart tiles boards.

I think I’m just going to order an echo and a few dots. I’ve got a Sonos system which I love and the confirmed integration between that and Alexa in 2017 would be perfect for us.

I have one of the white Hue bulbs in a bulkhead fitting in my Porch (which is basically a brick archway so open the elements).for about a year now and not had any issues. It is protected from the worst of the elements but does still get down to freezing temperature. I have a ST motion sensor fitted on the ceiling of the porch and it works really well - I was worried about the motion sensor getting too cold but so far not had any problems. I have it set to turn on a 40 % when someone enters the Geofence area - then full brightness when motion is detected. This way I get confirmation as I approach my house that ST has actually detected my presence and (hopefully) disarmed SHM.

1 Like

My celcus 4k tv i bought from Sainsburys

I’ve uploaded the relevant DTHs for the Celcus TV to here -

So my cameras are set up and working now. Image quality of the cameras is excellent but the software is terrible. This XMEye app hammers my mobile battery (~40% of its usage is this app) unless force-closed. The DVR software is buggy too, it has FTP upload on motion detection which doesn’t fully work (it creates a sub-folder but doesn’t upload the file! Lol) but I’ve got the streams viewable through the smart things app using the generic driver. It would be nice if I could somehow get motion detection alerts when the presence sensors notice we’re all out of the house, but not sure how I can achieve this integration?