[DEPRECATED Thread: visit community.webcore.co for assistance] webCoRE - Piston Design Help (ask your fellow members for assistance)

Perfect. Thanks for the quick reply. :slight_smile:

In the following piston. Even tho the power meter is staying above 200, everytime the value changes it resets my 30 minute timer. Why would that be happening?

stringyfy the expression… lol new word!

string({$currentEventDevice:presence])

1 Like

I tried that earlier, the WebCoRE want to treat “present” without single quotes as an undefined variable.

This is the error I see in the logs.
Calculating (string) not present == (error) Variable 'present' not found >> (boolean) false

And the result is still the same only showing left.

1 Like

I’m trying to move some statements around and am finding the C&P features a bit wonky. I figured out how to Cut a statement, but nowhere that I click seems to allow me to paste. Anyone?

That did the trick. Thank you for the help.

1 Like

That didn’t help. It still does same thing.

Would power stays over 200 for at least 30 minutes work?

Don’t know if that will work or not. Since my variable wash started is already true, now the 2nd block doesn’t start when I set it to condition change only. Is there a way to reset everything to get it to start over? I guess I need to reset my variable somehow.

So I put in another if saying if my simulated switch is on, reset variable. That doesn’t work either. I think I’m really getting lost here.

you cannot reset a variable by giving it a value in the define section. When I did that, saving between each edit, it still remember the original set value.

I suggest adding a second statement to the
if {(Wash_Started} is true
and
Power Meter 1’s **** stays above 200.

Think of the second if statement is a second task. Only {Wash_Started} will always change the Timedone variable to true in thirty minutes.

That’s exactly what I did. It wouldn’t reset the variable. Unless for some reason the piston was setting it back.

The problem with that is the power can drop below 200 during the cycle. I just want to start timing once it goes over 200, no matter what it does during the 30 minutes. Then after the 30 minutes I wait for it to drop and go from there.

It’s the comparison, there’s a device == string and webCoRE tries to make them both devices. But that may actually work, if you make the first string([$currentEventDevice:presence]) == 'present'

1 Like

I just came on-board with WebCoRE and WOW!!! Amazing work.

I am trying to fire a piston by using a URL, I have already successfully done so using the URL below, but I am hoping there is some way to pass an expression “turnON” with a value to the piston from the URL.

https://graph.api.smartthings.com/api/token/{removed}/smartapps/installations/{removed}/execute/{PistonName}?turnON=true

I just deleted all the other blocks. Then it would reset. I need to start over with this thing and rethink it anyway. The wash is now done for the day and I can’t do anymore testing using the actual device. I am going to figure out some way to do some simulated testing and see if I can figure out how to make it work. The wife has lived without this feature for several years. I doubt a few more days will make any difference. I hope…:slight_smile:

Thanks to all for the help.

I hope this isn’t too frowned upon, as this is a very active thread…

bump.

Can anyone explain how I can cut and paste a statement in a piston?

I want to move something from the bottom to the top, for readability. I can right-click and cut the statement. However, there is no way I can get the UI to give me an option to paste.

And drag and drop doesn’t seem to work if I have to scroll. In fact, my attempt locked up my Chrome window for a good 10 seconds.

I think that’s my problem then. Im trying to move something to the top, not the bottom.