[DEPRECATED Thread: visit community.webcore.co for assistance] webCoRE - Piston Design Help (ask your fellow members for assistance)

Here is my notifications piston. This is just an example of how multiple things can all be evaluated and fire their own actions. It doesn’t matter which one of those conditions or triggers are true. Every one of them will cause a fresh evaluation of the entire piston to perform their own actions.

This would make the Night Light turn on only once the last light is turned off but only if motion is active at that exact point the last light goes off. This is because your “motion is active” is a condition so it won’t be auto subscribed to.

If u wanted it to turn on the Night Light whenever there is motion but only if the lights were all off as well, then subscribe to the motion sensor too. :grinning:

I want it to turn the night light on once all the lights have been turned off if there is still motion in that room so that will work! I guess my problem is my motion detector’s state changes to active then immediately back to inactive and locks out for 3 minutes. I’d have to figure out a way to evaluate the state for the past few minutes and if it had been active then consider it active.

Try selecting never subscribe on the motion sensor and put the evaluation first. That way it will only be when all the lights turn out it will then turn on the Night Light.

Like so.

IF
motion sensor is active (never subscribe)
AND
if all of lights 1 lights 2 and lights 3 are off (always subscribe)
Then
With Night Light
Turn on.

Hey guys - I have a LIFX bulb that I want to slowly fade in the brightness on over the course of 15 minutes, starting from 0% (off) to 100%.(fully bright), starting at 6:45 AM every day. What’s the best way to do this? I didn’t see a LIFX command for this. There is Pulse but I wasn’t sure how to make it fade in from 0 to 100% brightness, since Pulse doesn’t take brightness level as any of its parameters. Can you please explain how to do it and or post a piston example? To be specific, i want the color temperature to be 5000K (which I think is 7F7F7F) and start at 0% and then fade evenly to 100% over the course of 15 minutes. Thanks!!

To make it easier , and if its the only thing you intend on doing with it…like no further commands or tasks…you can use an app called gentle wake up is what i use to take a light from nill to " BRIGHT LIGHT!!!" With in a certain amount of time…

Thanks. I just had a look at Gentle Wake up and it looks pretty good. I’d prefer to do this entirely in webCore, so hopefully someone has a reasonable easy solution. If not, however, it looks like Gentle Wakeup can be used as a switch - so I can just set up Gentle Wakeup but NOT set up a time for it to run - then use webCoRE to turn on the Gentle Wakeup switch, and that will initiate it to start running. Do I have this right? It sounds like it, except I am not sure if turning the Gentle Wakeup switch to ON will cause it to start running immediately (desired) if there is no set days/times to run…? Unfortunately I can’t test at the moment, so if you happen to know that would be great!

EDIT: I had a chance to test this and it looks like it’ll work to use Gentle Wakeup and have webCoRE trigger it to run by pushing it like a switch. I’d still prefer to do all of it from webCoRE if not complicated though, but otherwise this will be a decent solution. Thanks for the suggestion!

The Gentle Wake Up SmartApp from ST adds a “controller” called Gentle Wake Up to the list of Things, which acts like a switch there. You can turn on this “thing” to trigger Gentle Wake Up to start its dimming routine. However I can’t figure out how to expose this controller to webCoRE. Normally I would go to webCoRE settings and select Available Devices and Contacts and then I expect to find it in Available Devices (actuators or sensors). However it doesn’t show up in any of them. How can I expose this so that I can write my own Piston logic to trigger this “switch” to turn on when conditions are right?

EDIT: It was under Switches. Thanks guys!

Chris, one of the best explanations for triggers and conditions I’ve seen since using webcore. I agree with Ady624…maybe you should be writing the wiki!

1 Like

I know this thread says “Deprecated,” but I’m couldn’t find a current webCore piston help so I’m going to post this here. I’m having issues with wait timers. I have several pistons in the following format:

execute
with
Switch #1
do
Turn On;
Wait X minutes;
Turn Off;
end with;
end execute;

The lights always turn on, but the wait timer seems to rarely work and the lights stay on until I manually turn them off. Any ideas, or is this a known issue? In the logs, I see that the piston is setting up the scheduled job but that scheduled job doesn’t seem to kick off most of the time. FWIW, I had this piston running in CoRE and it always worked.

please post your question in the webcore forum.

Thanks.

Thanks - yeah, I just found that forum.

Anyone use this SmartApp with WebCoRE? If so, can you share your experience? This bridges the Vista20P alarm panels (Honeywell) to ST…[RELEASE] Honeywell / Ademco Vista 20P Integration

As has been said before, post this in the new shiny webCoRE forum.

1 Like

I’m not seeing this either. I believe it’s possible to be added, because it appears within the ST Smart Home Monitor, there’s a way to take certain actions after it goes into “intrusion” mode. Can this be added to to “Smart Home Status?” As of now, I see the options of disarmed,armed/stay, and armed/away. webCoRE is awesome.

Hey I’ve been meaning to get back to you on this one. Unfortunately, it never turns the lights off. Any ideas on how to fix?

on line 23 for the with statement, change TCP to never.

Looks like it’s working thanks!

you are welcome.

Wouldn’t it just be easier to use the Time virtual device with the presets for Sunrise and Sunset as part of the If? Additionally, i think you have your 15 before/after reversed. SteMac asked about 15 before sunset not after.