[DEPRECATED Thread: visit community.webcore.co for assistance] webCoRE - Piston Design Help (ask your fellow members for assistance)

Here’s the one I use if it is of any help.

1 Like

Did the user accounts carry over, or do we have to create a new one? It’s not taking my credentials

You need to create a new one.

Lol snap! That looks like my second attempt. My first attemp tried to set the ELSE condiotions to set away status of the virtual presence sensor. First attempt didn’t work

Thanks. Will the historical posts here be transferred eventually, or will we have to search here first and post there if what we’re looking for is not found?

I think there’s an effort to do that (with historical posts), but to what extent, I have no idea … at the moment (my draconian firewall policies at work prevent me from connecting there … how dare they keep me from doing business, LOL).

@Ron_Sissons
So to explain, the webcore community forums are wholly separate from the smartthings forums and entirely unaffiliated with Smartthings and Samsung.

We setup a separate forum because the discussions here were becoming very difficult to follow and a fair amount of user posts were getting missed. Simply when you have multiple webcore threads here that were receiving 7-1200 posts per month, and no way to categorize discussions from bug reporting to feature requests, to help requests and examples all bleeding into each other, we needed more room for the discussions.
We explored breaking WC into its own category here, and having multiple sub categories for sorting purposes, but it was not an option available to us. So we did the next best thing, and we are hoping to make it a better thing and setup a separate forum for all things WC.

Since it is unaffiliated with the smartthings community, and an entirely different site (albeit visual similarities from using the same forum platform, mainly for a similar and comfortable user experience) you will need a separate login there. Your screen names between the 2 sites are therefore not required to be the same, although since we intend this site to be complimentary in nature and purpose to the ST site, it is easier for users to follow unrelated discussions knowing who is asking if you do make your WC forum user name the same. Again, not required but recommended.

Lastly, as these sites are unaffiliated, we are not entitled to export the threads from here to populate there, so legacy discussions would be searched here, however we would highly prefer a continuation of or a wholly new discussion be started in a new topic specific thread at the WC forum and not continued in these WC threads. As @elf said, we are requesting an export of these threads, but do not expect it to happen.

Finally, we do not intend to have the WC forum replace this one for all other ST related discussions, so please continue your non WC discussions here!

But, Please join us over there for all things webcore!

4 Likes

OK, Thanks for the clarification. As a suggestion, the posts here should be closed so no further discussion can be had, and maybe a last blanket post\reply on all threads with the url to the new community. Otherwise, the discussions will get fragmented between here and the new one. Thanks for all the hard work. I have joined the other community.

1 Like

Good idea
@ady624 @anon36505037 would you guys be able to close your own threads? If you want to?

1 Like

Do you mean to say deprecated?

1 Like

You have the webcore video thread!!

I just depreciated this thread

Is there a new thread?

Can someone please share a piston that will send a text message whenever a device fails the SmartThings health check?

I’m using the following to monitor for a battery that drops, and I thought I could easily modify it to send the alert when the health check fails. But health check is not an option where “battery” is in the drop down…?

For reference here’s what I use for monitoring the battery level.

I ran into a big issue today because my humidity sensor dropped from 100% battery to failed battery status and failed its health check. But because the battery level never had a chance to be reported as low, I didn’t know. And the humidity in my room went haywire as a result.

Please visit us at the brand new webcore community forums:

They are wholly separate from the smartthings forums and entirely unaffiliated with Smartthings and Samsung.

We setup a separate forum because the discussions here were becoming very difficult to follow and a fair amount of user posts were getting missed. Simply when you have multiple webcore threads here that were receiving 7-1200 posts per month, and no way to categorize discussions from bug reporting to feature requests, to help requests and examples all bleeding into each other, we needed more room for the discussions.
We explored breaking WC into its own category here, and having multiple sub categories for sorting purposes, but it was not an option available to us. So we did the next best thing, and we are hoping to make it a better thing and setup a separate forum for all things WC.

Since it is unaffiliated with the smartthings community, and an entirely different site (albeit visual similarities from using the same forum platform, mainly for a similar and comfortable user experience) you will need a separate login there. Your screen names between the 2 sites are therefore not required to be the same, although since we intend this site to be complimentary in nature and purpose to the ST site, it is easier for users to follow unrelated discussions knowing who is asking if you do make your WC forum user name the same. Again, not required but recommended.

Finally, we do not intend to have the WC forum replace this one for all other ST related discussions, so please continue your non WC discussions here!

Please join us over there for all things webcore!
@HDGuy

This is exactly what I have for mine.

I am trying to use the ‘Smart Home Monitor’ in conjunction with other devices to trip an alert but it would seem that the Smart Home Monitor is not a device that can be subscribed to, so therefore does can not be used in this piston, is that true?
When i use the TEST button, the piston fires and works just fine, but does not do so by itself

You might want to post this as a new topic in the new webCoRE forum.
See post 4742, 2 posts above yours.

3 Likes

Are the selected devices in CoRE and webCoRE one and the same? Because the names suggest otherwise.

Well, not exactly the same, (now that you mention it) but they are the same in function, just different named Gcal devices. I haven’t had time to dig deeper on this and provide more / better information.

Busy with family and such. I was trying to use Gcal apps attributes to trigger sms messages and such. I’ll look into it more and repost my question / issue on the new forums when I get time.

I do appreciate your responding and at least showing an interest, in helping me.

1 Like