[DEPRECATED THREAD: visit community.webcore.co for assistance] WebCoRE - Example Pistons

Topic for us to all add our examples of WebCoRE pistons. Please add as you see fit.

8 Likes

This example is for saving illuminance levels to a global piston.
The second picture is the piston to use the stored variable (and includes time of day for this):

1 Like

This is an example of reporting battery levels to a push notification when the level for any device drops below x

2 Likes

This is an example of a bedtime routine.
When the TV, Sonos soundbar and Sonos Connect:AMP are not on and there is motion in the upstairs Philips Hue, turn off all lights (apart from upstairs hall light), turn on the bedroom Sonos Play 1 at a low level for 1 hour. Alternatively, if the routine Good Night is run, perform the same actions:

1 Like

This piston send a push notification if the lights have come on when no one is home:

1 Like

This piston sends push notifications if the air quality starts getting bad from a Netatmo sensor:

1 Like

This is an example of a mode switcher. This is great for changing to a weekend mode setting on a Friday evening to determine upstairs hall lights should dim low at a later time (great for when kiddies are around and mid week you want the lights to drop level to 5% earlier than on a weekend):

1 Like

This piston is good for a welcome home message to be played on a speaker such as a Sonos:

UPDATED 21/7/17
Here is the new version that I’m using to play a welcome home greeting:

Curious what your Naughty mode does…

2 Likes

Lol - it’s for when in the hot tub and kids are moving upstairs - lights flash to let us know kiddies are up and might need seeing to

2 Likes

Is webcore stable/usable now?

Not really, no :wink:

2 Likes

lol your under selling yourself @ady624 considering this is alpha stage. It works very well. Although I was surprised that some have deleted CoRE already

1 Like

Hawks man, hawks, CoRE didn’t yet cool down and they dumped the body already…

1 Like

Once you go WebCoRE, you cannot go back to CoRE anymore! Period…

2 Likes

Pffft…who would do that?

Also, here’s a piston that dims lights up from a specified starting point to 100% over the course of 30 minutes at sunrise, and dims them back down again to the specified level over 30 minutes at sunset. It does the incrementing in a variable, so if the lights are off during the adjustment period, they will catch up next time they turn on. It also allows for a manual override of sorts, where you can set a manual level and it will stay there until the lights are turned off and then back on.

2 Likes

ME! but I did save all pistons just in case.

1 Like

I think he was trying to mask the fact that he did too…

2 Likes

Shhhhhhhh :mask:

1 Like