[DEPRECATED THREAD: visit community.webcore.co for assistance] WebCoRE - Example Pistons

lol yea! :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I noticed the sample complex motion piston in the wiki has been updated.

It now uses two separate if blocks, rather than an if/else block? How is that different?

Does the piston cancel the lights off event if motion becomes active again during the wait period?

The previous sample piston was using a “stays” condition with the timeout in it. It was also using an if/else block with automatic piston state disabled, and “cancels tasks on piston state change”. I’ve never quite been clear how these settings change behavior, and it never worked properly for me.

It seems to me that one of the primary WebCoRE use cases is:

if motion turn on light
if motion stays inactive for grace period turn off light
The caveat of course is that if motion changes back to active during the grace period, the light should not go off and back on again, the off event must be cancelled.

I’m trying to test if the new sample piston does this effectively. I wish we could agree upon a best practice for implementing this functionality.

There is no best answer unfortunately. There is just the best answer for you. I updated the piston on the wiki after seeing some complaints that it was not working correctly. Admittedly when I created those they were untested. I based this one off of one that I used in production in my home.

This one will now cancel the cancel the wait when the motion becomes active again.

The best way to learn is to just jump in and start trying things. When you arrive at a solution that works for you then see if it can be improved upon. Then make it better/more advanced.

3 Likes

What are you using to control the fan speed? I am trying to figure out what to use if I am doing it by remote and not the switch on the wall

I’m using GE in Wall fan switches.

Can you show the expression? I’m not getting the syntax for fa correct.

Import it using the code?
So you get it in your pistons for reuse.

Here is one example of security system as well as my garage door opening based geofence of myself and mywife

Ah, I see, it’s value not an expression. Any advice how to do the same thing in an expression? I’d like to get access to some sys variables as well.

Thanks

This on does a lot of these things

1 Like

Laundry done piston. It sends a SMS when the washer or dryer cycle is complete. Shows how to set a global variable for commonly reused information.

1 Like

General notification piston. One piston for multiple devices. Saves the triggering device name in a local variable for use in notification. Also uses a global variable to store the cell number for notification.

3 Likes

Weekly battery level check piston.

2 Likes

Silly question, what dashboard are you speaking of and how is it enabled?

I have tried the beta dashboard with no luck

Rick

This is what he is referring to

hello,

In CoRE I was able to “Wait” for “false” state (a motion sensor becoming inactive), but I’m unable to replicate this in webCoRE, as there is a time value mandatory to insert.

Any idea on how to solve this?

Are you able to import these Example Pistons, or is this not implemented yet?

When I attempt to Import get this…

Use the orange button to import from a backup.

Yea that was it…
Thank you!!!

Thanks Dustin,

I wasn’t see this after importing one of his Pistons, now I do, maybe it just takes time to refresh everything

Thanks again
Rick