[DEPRECATED THREAD: visit community.webcore.co for assistance] WebCoRE - Example Pistons

Electric… I’m using two aeotec smart switches. They seem to be able to handle it, but you might check the manual for 240. I know they have protection though.

Just getting my feet wet with simple logic.

When the Ring Doorbell senses motion, send push notification to me and turn on the dining room lights for 5 min.

It just got triggered, but I didn’t get the notification. The android phone is mine and was listed in the Devices.

I added 2 contacts in Smartthings, and added the SMS and Push to the WebCore smart app.

2017-08-09_11-19-04

Just use one ‘with’.
Delete the top one and in the second one, put in your send push etc.
You don’t need to specify your android.
It will send a notification to all phones on your account by default.
(PS. You should really post this in the ’ getting peer assistance thread@ as this is for people to share their working pistons as examples to other people).

1 Like

What if I want to send it to just me?

In that case you can use send SMS and use your phone number.

I will post in the other thread.Thanks for the assistance.

Can some one please share a tile piston for motion sensors?

Like the status of the motion sensors?

Yes. So I have a piston for doors & switches which shows the status. Looking for one which shows the status of motion sensor in a tile.
Capture

Makes sense and thanks again for sharing your switch & contact sensor tile piston.

Sure. I will keep an eye. Happy Moving.

1 Like

@sumya thats the first open door icon i have seen … where did you find it?

thanks.

Its from @anon36505037’s piston

thank you, hadnt seen it before. funny when i import that piston the door looks very different … maybe an ios vs android thing.

ahh, its an IE thing. yeah, all i saw was the closed doors

I followed the awesome advice here to get instantaneous syncing of my Harmony activity virtual switches in ST as Harmony starts activities:

But even though the switches themselves updated, the “Harmony Hub” device itself did not update its currentActivity until either the next refresh cycle or a manual refresh. I wrote this simple piston to force it to stay in sync with the activity start/end.

I finally got back to playing with this. Never got a chance to make it work before vacation…

I can’t find anything on randomtoggle. Does it always turn a light back off when it’s done or it just “toggles” it back to the state it was in before?

I’m basically trying to turn one light +/- 30-40 minutes of sunset and back off +/- 30-40 minutes of 10:00pm. I’m sure it should be simple to do by modifying your piston but I can’t make it work. :confused:

@scoob8000 Random Toggle is a dumbed down version of Toggle - let me explain: it only works sometimes. :smiley: :smiley: :smiley:

Which is pretty much saying that Random Toggle works erratically - only when it feels like it.

Jokes aside, Random Toggle toggles the light (it does not always turn it on or always turn it off, it toggles it). There’s a random decision to really execute it or not, but when elected to execute, the task will reverse the current switch state of the light.

1 Like

Gotcha. So in the example @anon36505037 provided of using it every xx minutes between sunset and 10:00pm it’s possible that the lights could be left on all night. The piston should end with a turn off for each device. Am I thinking about that correctly?

1 Like

Correct, that is a possibility