[DEPRECATED THREAD: visit community.webcore.co for assistance] WebCoRE - Example Pistons

The piston would have to run in order to set the state

Thanks for posting. I came to search for a way to get my window open warning (posted below) to let me know which window is open instead of that one is.

Piston to (nag) warn what windows/doors are open when it’s hotter and or more humid outside. Nag starts 10 mins after window is open and nags again every 20 mins till all windows/doors are closed.
Also created a pause switch to turn off the nag, Switch resets to ON in 45 mins.

2 Likes

@ahndee

Originally I setup up a SMS and this is what came across

Then I reloaded your solar report again, my dashboard now shows the following java error

What am I missing?

Rick

I have learned so much about webCoRE from viewing practical examples. I am including several different examples including: custom piston states, calculating by using expressions, formatting strings with expressions, and assigning local variables as strings, integers, decimals, and devices.

In these examples, you can simply replace the device variables to suit your needs after importing this code using the generated ID.

Below is my contribution to help others:

My WebCoRE Dashboard Snapshot (dynamic messaging using expressions/emojis):

Report Scentsy Devices turned on/off (Sure to increase your WAF!!! :heart_eyes:):

Report ST Multipurpose/Motion sensors:
(Multipurpose sensor :arrow_down_small:)

(Motion sensor:arrow_down_small:)

Reporting doors open and stopping Ecobee3 Thermost (resume after doors shut):

Finally, setting/reporting ST system modes (instead of using ST Routines):

@ady624, I think that I can accurately reflect the “Community’s” voice when I say “Thank you for such an awesome AND FREE tool!” I am literally running all home automations through your very intuitive program! :tada::tada::tada:

6 Likes

You should send the SMS before you assign the variables, otherwise the percent change is going to be of no meaning.

Thanks for all the examples. I’m new to coding so having examples to see what things do really helps a lot.

OK, paused the original piston and re-imported it,not sure how the send fell after the set variables since all I did was change from send to contacts to SMS…anyway same results on the next try

Same results in my SMS as well
Rick

Glad to be able to offer something! Also, just in case you didn’t know, you can import this code into WebCoRE using the orange button when creating a new piston. All you have to do is enter the code on each of the examples. WebCoRE will prompt you to replace my devices with your own!

1 Like

All of these working example screenshots should go in the webcore example thread. Let’s keep everything neat and organized.:sunglasses::sunglasses:.

TY, I’ll add that this eve and see how it fits in. Always happy to have another tool in the box.

1 Like

I see at least one of the examples above has an async if command. I can’t figure out how to add that - something simple I’m overlooking, can anyone advise? I’m wondering for a button device if this will slightly speed up the result of evaluating which button was pressed.

Loving being able to see piston states in the dashboard. This is what I am currently using.

7 Likes

Similar here, using the AXX pistons as a dashboard of sorts, all these ones do is show color-coded device status as piston state.

8 Likes

Looks like I found part of the problem, my Solar Device name was 2 words, Shlikes Solar and apparently when importing, the variable wasn’t happy. I renamed my device to just Solar and the variable error has been fixed.

I am still getting the Java error in the Dashboard and in my SMS text

Thoughts?
Rick

Is this a piston you have created or is this a feature the dashboard

You can do this using custom piston states. Example (I took an actual screenshot instead of using the camera button so you can see the current variable as well as the expression that sets the variable value)

1 Like

You probably should edit each of the expressions for piston state and SMS and make sure that the device name is correct everywhere (I’m not sure that the import feature works for devices within expressions).

EDIT: Try import code o653 which uses a variable for the solar device so that we can use that in the expressions which should properly work with the anomization feature.

Hey Andreas,

So that helped with the Piston State on the Dashboard

SMS is still not working, The top msg is from the direct import of the Bin Code, I then noticed the Set Piston State was different than the SMS, so I even tried the same text in the SMS with no luck which is the bottom version

Rick

@ahndee,

I added contacts to my setup, used your piston code and everything works fine, apparently the formatting is different for SMS and Contacts

Thanks
Rick