[DEPRECATED THREAD] webCoRE design process

We, your parishioners, forgive you.

3 Likes

@ady624 - Question about timing with a wait. Does webCoRE work like CoRE did, meaning will the “If” here execute in parallel to the “Wait 5” or will the “If” wait for the “Wait 5” to complete before evaluating?

In webCoRE, you have a choice :+1: Condition/Action blocks (at least the ones I’ve used) have the option of executing asynchronously or executing synchronously — default is synchronous method. You can set the execution method in the advanced options.

And, as you mentioned, action blocks in CoRE ran asynchronously.

Is there some sort of reordering I don’t know about?

I don’t see that, what is it on?

It should be available when you’re editing a piston

life changing.

@ady624

if you hold down ctrl (on windows or equivalent on a mac) while dragging and dropping it will copy whatever you are dragging to the new position.

Been reading the thread but couldn’t find it.

I’m trying to create a piston that works in a certain timeframe.
For now i have used {$hour24} is inside of range 1 to 6
This works fine, but it would be nice to be more precise, example:
{$now} is inside of range 1:30 to 6:30, but this doesn’t work

Any ideas?

Thanks!
I have been away for a while, saw that loads of more things were added.

One other thing i’m missing from the devices are the locators like phones.

I have another one.
I created a foreach loop, but i cannot access the device’s properties, only the device itself

Edit:
I managed to make it work. It seems my variable “Sensors” is not accepted as a true list of devices.
When i put all the devices in the foreach it works fine

In the good old days in CoRE you could see countdown on a timer. It was realy easy to se when a cancel on piston change found place.
Any thoughts on how you think “cancel on piston change, and countdown” is ideally built in WebCoRE @ady624
Would it be possible to have a chk box for cancel on X event/trigger?

Mind wanders here.
:smile_cat:

@ady624 Just wanted to let you know that putting in the static times the piston does indeed run and turn on/off my outside lights like a good little piston.

2 Likes

@ady624 great work. The new UI is amazing.
I created a piston to perform some actions on execution of goodbye routine (if routine is goodbye). It shows me the below message. What does this mean?

This piston does not subscribe to any events. Unless executed by other means, it will never run on its own.

Routines not ready, sorry

Thanks for the info. Thanks for publishing an early version to try out. Is there any info on what is functional at the moment? I just tried another piston to set presence of a virtual presence sensor and get the same message.

Having a problem setting color on a Philips Hue bulb with Webcore. In Core, I can select a color and see in the logs that the bulb gets sent setcolor([hue:67,saturation:100,level:27]), using Webcore, it becomes, setcolor(#12ff00,). Core works, and Webcore doesnt. Thought?

Color is one of the few tasks not working. Will get there

I just created a piston I had in CoRE in webCoRE. Below is the piston which gets executed every time a harmony event is turned on or off from ST.

I get the expected result on the devices, but the logs in webCoRE show the following errors.

11/04/2017, 00:41:48 +610ms
+1ms ╔Received event [Harmony Refresh].switch = off with a delay of 41ms
+307ms ║Runtime successfully initialized (v0.0.062.20170410) (304ms)
+308ms ║╔Execution stage started
+332ms ║║Error calling comparison comp_changes_to_any_of: groovy.lang.MissingMethodException: No signature of method: script14918672658601544548976.comp_changes_to_any_of() is applicable for argument types: (java.util.LinkedHashMap, java.util.LinkedHashMap, java.util.LinkedHashMap) values: [[logging:[error:true, warn:true, info:true, 
], 
], 
]
+353ms ║║Condition #2 evaluated false (32ms)
+354ms ║║Condition group #1 evaluated false (34ms)
+371ms ║╚Execution stage complete. (64ms)
+377ms ╚Event processed successfully (377ms)
11/04/2017, 00:40:26 +462ms
+4ms ╔Received event [Harmony Refresh].switch = on with a delay of 962ms
+260ms ║Runtime successfully initialized (v0.0.062.20170410) (252ms)
+264ms ║╔Execution stage started
+360ms ║║Error calling comparison comp_changes_to_any_of: groovy.lang.MissingMethodException: No signature of method: script14918676255241544548976.comp_changes_to_any_of() is applicable for argument types: (java.util.LinkedHashMap, java.util.LinkedHashMap, java.util.LinkedHashMap) values: [[logging:[error:true, warn:true, info:true, 
], 
], 
]
+387ms ║║Condition #2 evaluated false (88ms)
+389ms ║║Condition group #1 evaluated false (93ms)
+428ms ║╚Execution stage complete. (167ms)
+439ms ╚Event processed successfully (441ms)

any of does not work yet. Why not just use “changed”? It gets the same result
 no point in using any of off or on (unless you were just testing).