[DEPRECATED THREAD] webCoRE design process

so you’re saying the when true/false don’t work

I’m afraid that’s what it looks like.
Does the piston look ok to you?
I’m happy to use then and else but for more complex ones I do groups at the top for common conditions then have lots of or’s with true and false statements to save reinputing the common conditions.

Question:

How does webCoRE handle custom variables:

1. Are they ready for prime time… meaning do they work and can we set global variables;

2. If you set a variable in Webcore, can it be used in Core (and vice-versa)?

Yes they work.

Not yet.

Nope, I don’t think this is planned either.

1 Like

I have just tried installing this from the GitHub repo but get the following error message:

Thank you @anon36505037. That worked

Gotcha.

When asking Webcore to send a push message… how do I include a variable (ie. $now to reflect current time) in the message.

Do I just put $now in within the message in the Value field?

{$now}

… as in, “I want to go home at {$now}!!!”

2 Likes

@ady624 Are you on vacation or is there a nice BIG update coming? :slight_smile:

Last we heard, he was working on integrating NFL teams into webCoRE lol, and team odds :smiley:

3 Likes

Currently waiting for NFL to start so I can test it, before I move on to more important stuff like timers.

EDIT: To paraphrase someone, who knew timers could be so complicated?!

5 Likes

Awesome lol

The next update will have timer support. UI is almost complete, the execution part is in place, the scheduling of next occurrence is in the works. This is what I have so far, same as I had this morning:

private scheduleTimer(rtData, timer) {
    //complicated stuff follows...
}

More progress tonight, maybe I’ll even publish it so that my minions can test it :slight_smile:

4 Likes

I upgraded the dev angularjs from 1.4.6 to 1.6.3, hoping for some performance improvements. Lots of things got screwed around though… Firefox is particularly slow at rendering the selects… add a new timer, does it lag at displaying all those selects? chrome and safari/ios flies through them…

I think I fixed the lag by using

$scope.$$postDigest(func);
1 Like

Bringing the func is always recommended

2 Likes

Not sure I follow. The func is really a jQuery selector function() {$(‘select’).selectpicker().refresh();}. It forces all present selects to rerender. Problem with angularjs is that during the digest cycle, html is not yet rendered (selects don’t exist in the DOM yet), so running that function directly has absolutely no effect. It has to be run after the digest cycle finishes (and the html rendered). I was using a timer with 0ms to delay the execution until the digest cycle ended, but that introduced undesired delays, causing lags in rendering the selects. I found that private function $scope.$$postDigest that I can pass the anonymous function to and it runs it right after the digest cycle ends, without any artificial timer lag.

Oh did you mean funk? ;))

2 Likes

You have been programming too long. Take a 5 minute break for the func of it and then finish the time stuff.

2 Likes

Yes sir. It’s been a long day