[DEPRECATED THREAD] webCoRE design process

comments are always welcome. I think. :smiley:

1 Like

Cool,

1. When selecting a time event, I had no time picker. So I donā€™t know what my formatting should be. Also the $time might not be obvious to some users. Maybe Iā€™m using it wrong too. Maybe each location variable should be masked with a logical term?

2. I wasnā€™t able to execute a routine, at least that I saw from the with Location -> Do -> X

Thanks for all of your hard work! Looking good!

Lots of pieces are missing, lots of virtual commands are not there yet.

$time is a string. $now is a datetimeā€¦

Yea I figured. Just figured Iā€™d let you know what I bumped into my first go. Thanks for all of this!

I love what I see so far, and look forward to future enhancements. Please post when new features are added. I am especially looking forward to time based triggers and conditions.

2 Likes

Iā€™ve got WebCore installed, and I notice that I now have 2 ā€œwebCoRE Pistonā€ smart apps. Selecting one of them results in ā€œYou are not authorized to perform the requested operationā€. Clicking on ā€œRemoveā€ does nothing.

The piston app is not used by ppl, but a demanded thing by smartthings to devide things up in two.
So you only use the smart app.
The smart app should be named "webCoRE"
and the Piston should show up inside this one if you did things right.

What Iā€™m seeing in my smart apps, the ā€œWebCoREā€ app, then below it, two instances of ā€œwebCoRE Pistonā€.

Like this?

Back one screen

Maby just delete them under smartapps under your hub in IDƉ?

I tried, but it tells me that ā€œThis SmartApp canā€™t be deleted at this time because it is installed by one or more usersā€

@ady624 following up on the core design thread where multiple instances is coming up againā€¦ do you think webCoRE will have the same issue as CoRE where you need to rebuild pistons every now and then?

I ended up getting SmartThings support via chat. They were able to delete the apps for me. Then reinstalled WebCoRE.

I do not know - the problem is that CoRE was still keeping info in the settings (which allowed the rebuild) - webCoRE does not use settings at all (canā€™t programmatically change them - the very reason CoRE could not copy pistons) - what it has instead is the backup bin code - however, thatā€™s also stored in the state - so if the state gets screwed up, well, you need to know those codes so that you can revive them. Iā€™ll figure something out where webCoRE can automatically recover if it figures something is wrong - I can use the server to cache the links between piston IDs and their backup bins. Havenā€™t gotten there yet. And I am yet to hear about a state loss - though that hasnā€™t happened in a very long time, right?

EDIT: Another way is to make the pistonā€™s ST UI automatically save the backup bin code into settings - IF YOU EVER OPEN IT :smiley: - you can open a piston from the SmartThings app, under the deviceā€™s SmartApps. Also, you shouldnā€™t be able to install a piston directly from Automations - try itā€¦

Testing out IKEA bulbs.
Realised I always wanted to be able to turn IKEA off :slight_smile:

Donā€™t you mean shut down? :smiley:

LOL No! I might need drawer replacement parts.

1 Like

No not for webCoRE.

For CoRE, yea it happens at least a couple times a week for me, thought I have over 100 pistons across 15 or so installs.

I do this all the time.

Hi @ady624 I have a bit of an issue with this.
The piston shows up as true when it is not.
The lux level is below the required level but the motion sensor is not active.
When I enter the room, the piston shows as true, but when I leave then it goes false.
The counter goes down to zero and the light turns off.
Then for some reason it shows as true and turns back on again.
Very strange.

EDIT.
This does work though.