[DEPRECATED THREAD] webCoRE design process

Except for testing and helping out I’m waiting until the beta. There is too much frustration asking why things don’t work only to find out it’s because they “don’t work” :slight_smile:

1 Like

Same here. Too many of my pistons rely on specific time events so I’m waiting until beta or at least until the Time function gets added.

@daven and @ndavis82 I completely agree if there are pistons that you have in CoRE that are critical leave em there :slight_smile:

I’m just having fun moving super simple pistons right now like for example my basement wall lights will flicker like crazy if they’re adjusted above 90% so I moved that piston from CoRE to webCoRE because well its simple :slight_smile:

Otherwise peeps just simmer down and let @ady624 work his magic we’ll have a fully functioning webCoRE before we know it. I know it took a while before I was ready to move from Rule Machine into CoRE but I started with simple things first and waited for the advanced stuff to get polished up.

1 Like

I’m getting tons of “Received unexpected event” in the Logs for a simple Piston that I’m testing.
Is this normal? :grinning:

Shouldn’t be subscribing to Home… will fix, thank you.

Thanks @ady624.
Here is the Piston just in case:

How does one put this in an UI?

every other 3rd Thursday of the month

He he

I fixed it already, but haven’t published. Please ignore it until I publish it, when I do, you will need to either edit/save the piston or pause/resume it.

I don’t think there’s that many Thursdays in a month, lol …

1 Like

You could select “Every 3rd Thursday” and give the option to select the months “On Jan,Mar,May,Jul,…” :sweat_smile:
You asked :confused:

1 Like

It’s the every other 3rd Thursday…

I plan on this:

Every x months
Either day of month OR day of week and week of month

This would allow that other third Thursday… working on the time trigger UI. Then we implement it into the webCoRE SmartApp and you guys test it, deal? Lol

2 Likes

That would work out well with my meds :pill: :syringe:

1 Like

Yum, jam. Thank you Mr. Radar…

1 Like

Raspberry… only one person dares give me the raspberry… Lone Star!

5 Likes

I created a timer executing a task… how do I change the timer since it doesn’t show in the editor? :slight_smile:

Hello - I have a piston in coRE that fires when I press a button. I want a light to go on, then go off 15 min later. (I know I can use any condition but for now I’m using a button so I can test how well this works). I’m using Turn On when the button press is detected, then a delayed Turn Off to turn it off. But the max turn off delay I can use is 60000ms (1 min) or I get an error message. How can I set it for 900,000ms (= 15 min)?

Also, before I turn on the light, is there a way to save the existing state of that light, and set it back to that level after the 15 min are up?
Thanks,

Wrong thread, this is about webCoRE, an upcoming second version of CoRE…

OK, thanks. BTW, if figured out the 1st question about 15 min delay (using Wait). For the 2nd question, I asked that in the other thread.

Also BTW, CoRE works great. Thanks much for creating that s/w, it is a great help for automating things. When do you expect webCoRE to be available?

You can play with it now but there are some things that do not work yet so don’t use it for your automation that you rely on. Also, changes to the app may break whatever you built so just keep that in mind.

1 Like

Great app so far! Love web implementation! Would any comments be desired or are you so inundated with getting it where you want it first? :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

1 Like