[DEPRECATED THREAD] webCoRE design process

Thanks Robin. I was then going to rummage round for that thread.
Have to watch the election results instead.
:smile:

1 Like

Ha ha, they lost majority? :wink: she had like 330 out of 326 seats, she was down to an estimated 310 earlier, are the voting results in? And wait, do you want out of EU?

Voted OUT myself. (UK Expat in Canada)
Same reasons as you Robin, and one more important one:
===>> those that give up freedom for security deserve neither
The kowtowing to the UK EU Masters had to stop!
J

2 Likes

@ady624

I have 2 emergency pistons.
One of burglar alarm trips, one of fire alarm trips. Similar but not the same.

Either way, is there a way to have webcore poll all of the devices before turning them on or off, store the “previous state for each”, and then return them to their previous state when condition clears?

I.E. (both are “Door Sensors” that trip/clear condition based on open/closed)
smoke stops sounding (door sensor on relay to hardwired smokes, changes from open to closed),
alarm changes from Sounding to disarmed (door sensor on relay from alarm panel from open to closed).

Also, I have 100+ devices of which 60+ are switchable of some kind.
I did setup global variables for sections of the house, but the problem is within rash “room/area” there are too many possible combinations.

Ideas?

Problem Loading LIFX Scenes:

I’ve generated a token at cloud.lifx.com and pasted it into the settings in webcore, but in my piston where I try to call it, I get the error message “Sorry, there seems to be no available LIFX scenes, please ensure the LIFX integration is working.” I definitely have scenes and have called them from original CoRE before… any idea what gives?

Currently working on implementing full LIFX API, might have messed something up.

1 Like

How come the local time variable is two hours off? My smartthings does have the right time. Can I change it somehow?

Okay, so when should we enable parallelism and when should we not?

If you have no problem with pistons running at the same time for different events. For example, if you are relaying events to another service, say IFTTT or a web request and you’re not using any variables or carry-over logic (where you’re relying on past events to control future events - say using execute on condition change only).

Interesting. Here’s another question. Why does “clear log” not clear the logs? They do clear, but if you go back to dashboard and back into a piston all the logs are back in there.

It clears the logs from the current view, it was never meant to clear the logs from the piston itself (logs are currently hosted in the piston’s state, they may eventually move from there). I can make it clear the piston logs for good, just never was the intention.

Just updated to the latest version of WebCore and a piston that uses the GET request of a JSON file quit working. This is the error message I am seeing in the log.

+2031ms ║║Error executing external web request: java.lang.SecurityException: Endpoint http://{}presence.xxx.com/presence.json is blacklisted.

Piston was working fine right up until the update.

Post a green screenshot of the piston and logs from the IDE. It should present a line number. With this Adrian will be able to better assist you. Otherwise he is going to ask for it

ady624 already fixed the problem. Downloaded the latest code release and all is well.

Better support than many software products we pay a lot of money for…

5 Likes

Hi guys, trying to install this but I keep getting
"Error
500: Internal Server Error
URI
/ide/app/doRepoUpdates
Reference Id
19f67e09-ffab-4003-a1f3-acac41f0b60"

when I try and download / publish the 2 .groovy files from the repo?

Thanks!

• Savio

Have you tried installing and publishing the parent app first?

Okay, upgraded to today’s edition - dashboard will load, but no pistons load - just background page, no spinning cube - nothing. v0.2.0bf.20170614

2 Likes

@ady624 I just installed a new instance - same result, tried to create a new “blank” piston - piston page is blank :frowning:

1 Like

Errors being reported are:

2 Likes

Same issue here. Wanted to tweak a few existing pistons and they are all coming up blank and un-editable…

1 Like