[DEPRECATED THREAD] webCoRE design process

@psyko sorry - I just remembered the global variables must be set to integer, not left on the default of Dynamic. There should be no # numbers stored for these settings - I found if I left it in dynamic nothing worked. And as I recall, brightness isn’t one that really matters when storing the variables - that one won’t set the colour profile however I set it still to make the On pistons consistent - I don’t really want 2 settings to be a variable and 1 to be a value. For example my defaultlighthue is 82 and my defaultlightsaturation is 55

@ady624
I have a new challenge. I’m using alot of Xiaomi Sensors but one of them failed to check-in for a few months, which i didn’t know.
So i tried to use the LastCheckin parameter (which works nicely in an IF) in a foreach loop:

The first log message works fine (Last checkin for sensor), but the one in the foreach does not.
(the battery message works fine)

Here is the log:

It seems the $device doesn’t get the parameter info?

That did the trick. Thanks.

I tried with Integer but same results, here’s a screenshot showing everything. I clear the variable so it says (not set) run the routine, and 100, 100, 0 every time.

Sorry for all the posts for help recently. Why did this execute at 10pm when I have a restriction in place to run only between 7am and 7pm?

Here is the log:-

Move your restrictions from outside the timer to the action inside the timer.

Ok, but why do I need to do that? Don’t these restrictions apply to the whole piston or is this a feature that is not working at the moment?

FYI, I am using non-English characters for a while in WebCore and it was working fine until today when i update WebCore to latest version

I can’t save the piston anymore if i input non-English characters and got the error from the logs

Error:
groovy.json.JsonException: Expected a value on line: 4, column: 18.
But got an unterminated object. @ line 952

non-English characters:
こんにちは

I believe it’s just due to the way the “every” timer trigger is handled.

This worked great in reCoRE, but I can’t get it to complete in webCoRE. When a contact sensor is closed, it should wait (randomly) a few seconds then turn on a light. Then wait (randomly) several minutes then turn the light off. It will turn it on, but will never turn it off. I’ve worked on this for several days with the same results. Any ideas what I may be doing wrong?

Are you doing anything to the contact sensor during the wait? As in, opening it? You may need to cancel TCP for that with block so that opening the contact does not cancel the whole then block. Click on the with, the cog button, then choose Never for tcp

Thanks for the quick response!

The contact is almost immediately opening again. I have a driveway sensor that is NO and when it’s tripped it closes for a few seconds then re-opens. I have this wired into a contact sensor to trip events.

I’ll try out the tcp option…

I’m not sure. I just know that restrictions seem to work better inside a timer rather than outside.

I am interested in this as well for exactly the same reason.

I have a problem. The local time variable in webcore is 2 hours wrong. My smartthings have the right time. How can I change it?

Is there any current way with WebCore to start a piston based on a specific code being used for a smart lock. It looks like currently the answer is no. The wiki shows it as on the list of things that may be added in the future. I was curious if anyone had any work arounds or tricks.

Check the $currentEventDeviceIndex variable when the lock is unlocked with different codes. It won’t return the actual code, but it may return the code’s slot (0 for manually unlocked, 1-5 for each code slot). If yours works this way you may be able to use that, something like the following:

If
  Lock changes to unlocked
  and 
  $currentEventDeviceIndex is 3
Then
  Do stuff

Hi I need to update the apps to the latest version, but I’m in the UK and can’t use the gitHub. Does that mean I have to delete everything and re install it?

I’m in the UK and you can integrate Github.
What you can do is just overwrite all the existing code with the new code.
DON’T delete your existing code as you will lose all you existing pistons.
Just go to Adrian’s github repository and copy and paste all 4 ‘codes’.
When you overwrite them, just save and publish for me.

Brilliant thanks for your help, I will do that! How do you integrate gitHub I’ve never been able to as it says only available in US.