[DEPRECATED THREAD] webCoRE design process

if you define a value in the variable definition, the variable will be set to that on each piston run - there’s a warning right there in the variable editor explaining this. If you want values that persist between runs, do not initialize the variable.

Yeah not sure, doesn’t work. There’s no warning about anything, not sure what you mean? When you create the variable or edit it all you get is the below:

Well, any piston we could make an educated guess on?

Well if you look up, you’ll see I was actually replying to Townsmcp who posted one of his pistons for me, but 2 variables for Hue and Saturation only show 100 regardless of what colour I set. However colour does update each time, the one shown in # format, just not other values. My piston is identical to his so not sure what your reply means to be honest!

Is there a better way to write this rule? I basically want it if Nest Weather says illumance is less than or equal to 800 then turn on the lights. Pretty straight forward right? It’s bright and sunny and my lights are going on.

There was an update to just one part of thee app, see if that fixes it for you.

I determined the issue is with Hue (as in Core using Hue, not Hue itself as they work perfect). Been writing pistons all morning, variables update if I use Lutron or other lights. All my problems with Core over the past month seem to be with Hue always. Here’s an example:

• Write a piston that is triggered with an instant status switch. “If switch is turned on, set Hue to preset Green.”

• I turn the switch on, Hue light goes Green.

• I edit that piston and say Orange instead. I turn the switch on, Hue light goes Orange.

• I edit that piston again, say Blue now. I turn the switch on, Hue light stays Orange. Switch off, on off on, stays orange.

• I go in change it to Green in the piston, turn switch off, on, stays orange. Change it now to Blue in the piston, switch on off on off, orange only no response.

• Get up leave it go make a coffee, come back 20 mins later, hit test on the piston, changes to Blue right away.

Will work like that for a few moments then back to just not responding. Same with another simple piston “If switch is on, set these 2 GU10 Hue spotlights to 100%.” Will work for a few minutes, then shits itself and will turn one on to 100%, but the other only to 20%. No matter how many times you restart ST, leave it come back, it won’t make both lights 100%, one always is 100, the other 20. So no idea why, but it works super sporadically with Hue. Decided to do the scene via IFTTT instead and that is working great so I’m good now.

Thank you, saw the update and applied it. Seems resolved.

I believe Hues are updated via polling? It may be that ST does not get the update that the bulb is on right away? Enabling logging would immediately reveal that

He also does this when the wife says it is time for bed and to get off the computer :laughing:

2 Likes

Not sure if this is a bug, but I have just added some additional location modes and they are not available for selection when selecting the mode value, yet they are available in the selection for ‘Only during these modes’.

This has me completely stumped.

I am evaluating a variable to determine if a couple of tasks should be run. Sounds simple enough, but for some reason the variable value is not being used. I have tried setting different types (dynamic, integer, decimal, etc.) with no difference. It looks pretty straightforward, but I can’t seem to get it to work. Am I missing something?

Annotated Screen Shot

I’m guessing it’s not catching up to the update of the global variable, I had an issue before where I was setting the global variable and speaking the content but it was delayed by a run. @ady624 suggested I use a local variable instead and have not had an issue with it since then.

I already tried using a local variable with similar results.

Can you please update to the latest? See if that fixes it?

Can you try refreshing the UI?

I updated to v0.1.0b7 earlier today and have been working with that version while creating this piston.

I am not at the building where the sensors are setup, but will try reloading the UI when I am there later this evening.

There was an update and another bug fix update shortly after that (same version number).

@ady624

HI Adrian

While building this piston, the comparison I selected for my phones is “are”, once saved, the piston shows “is”

Thanks
Rick

eibyer - You were right. There was another update to the WebCoRE Piston after I updated all of the distributions earlier this morning.

Updated to the new version and everything appears to be working correctly now.

Thank you for the help!

2 Likes